Jen's real hair?

Jen's real hair?

Intro to Jenology

Jul 07, 2014#1

I am sure you all remember this dance rehearsel video: As many I was blown away by her amazing dance skills but at the same time I was kinda shocked by her hair here. Like, I knew that she often wears extensions as it's pretty obvious most of the time. I didn't think though that her real hair was this damaged, kinda looks like she barely has any left :/ I'm a bit confused 'cause sometimes she has this shoulder length hair (like in the "First Love" music video for example) and it looks real and nice. Or does she wear extensions all the time? For the record: Not hating here, I've been a fan of hers since 1999, just wondering...

Master of Jenology

Jul 07, 2014#2

I'm not an expert on hairs, but her hair in that video looks fine to me... it just looks short.

12K588
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K588

Jul 07, 2014#3

I guess she wears for most of her performances and high profile appearances but all in all her hair here are far from "damaged" or "barely any left" imho... they look just fine and silky smooth! :D Maybe the short length and the cut of the hair ends gives you this impression because in general Jen has a lot of hair, especially if you take into consideration her natural look, baby hair and all! ;)

Intro to Jenology

Jul 07, 2014#4

You know you might be right. It could be the short length and cut that makes it seems so. Yeah, I remember Jen having nice and full hair ("Anaconda", "Out Of Sight", The Cell"),
          , that is why I was surprised/bit shocked to see it like that. Just hope all those extensions won't damage it.

Master of Jenology

Jul 07, 2014#5

I cant see there what you are saying :smile:

Yeah she wears extensions, but damaged and bald its to much for take this topic seriously.

0:47

longer,wet and curly, but I dont see the big difference

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 08, 2014#6

Jen's natural is curly and when its wet ....it is fuller .......when is blows it out and flat irons it appears finer

I know because I have the same kind of hair

and when you flat iron naturally curly hair....you have to frequently trim your ends because of heat damage.

her hair is fine

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 08, 2014#7

Im sure it was just a hairstyle while trying to experiment with her image. It was close to Live It Up era when she appeared with new hair in each perfroamnce...

I can not see a huge difference from this hairstyle on BB performance

Of course she is wearing extensions but Im also sure she experiments with the haircut ;)

Her hair looks absolutely fine to me!!!

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 08, 2014#8

Well she's worth it

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 08, 2014#9

her hair short some curly but very nice i love natural her hair and face without make up :love2

Master of Jenology

Jul 09, 2014#10

(edited) The 1st photo's dated 1993 , and the other: 2012 . Jennifer told a reporter that her hair is naturally curly and dark, and that she started coloring it early, due to some premature greys. She's also straightened her hair so she could try a variety of styles.

These changes require processing, which can weaken the hair's condition. I think i remember a recent ad of Jenn modeling her hair ( Loreal?) which she credited for a special line of products for her hair. It looked like it was working very nicely.

Last year i had to choose between hair color or a perm . I wound up with my hair back in great condition and, to my surprise, the return of my hair's natural wave.

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 09, 2014#11

sunNmoon wrote:

(edited) The 1st photo's dated 1993 , and the other: 2012 . Jennifer told a reporter that her hair is naturally curly and dark, and that she started coloring it early, due to some premature greys.
                        I don't think premature grey were the reason she dyed her hair. She probably wanted to change the colour and go blonde.

We can also see her natural hair in that So Good instagram video. I have to admit that her extensions look pretty natural.

Contributor

Jul 10, 2014#12

Imo she often wears too much extensions, like on billboard red carpet

Master of Jenology

Aug 02, 2014#13

Next ->

Oribe, Jennifer's hair stylist for nearly a decade, is interviewed. See new thread.