Jennifer Lopez Expected to Return for American Idol XIV

Jennifer Lopez Expected to Return for American Idol XIV

10K7
Doctor of Jenology
10K7

May 09, 2014#1

By TV Guide

Posted May. 8, 2014 @ 4:05 pm

It looks like American Idol will be keeping the band together. Pending final deals, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. are all likely to return to the Fox reality series as judges next season. Fox had no comment.

News of Idol's renewal broke on Wednesday's performance show when host Ryan Seacrest announced audition dates for Season 14 beginning in Minneapolis on June 18. Seacrest revealed that auditions will swing through the hometowns of all three judges — and specifically singled out New Orleans (Connick) on June 25, New York (Lopez) on July 23 and Nashville (Urban) on July 30. Season 14 is expected to premiere in January 2015.

While the judging panel has received praise from critics and fans, Idol's ratings reached new lows this season, dipping below a 2.0 in the adults 18-49 demo for the first time in the show's history. But the aging competition series still appears to be a priority for the network, with 21st Century Fox senior executive vice president and Idol executive producer David Hill telling TV Guide Magazine in March, "It's never, ever going to achieve the amazingly huge numbers of five or six years ago, but it's going to be a staple on the Fox network for a long, long time."

http://www.randolphcountyheraldtribune. ... ERTAINMENT

Intermediate Jenology

May 09, 2014#2

Oh no!

Master of Jenology

May 09, 2014#3

Ugh no. Enough!

Master of Jenology

May 09, 2014#4

Since next year will be a movie year for Jennifer, I don't care if she returns for season XIV.

Doctor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#5

Ok so much is enough lol

Doctor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#6

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of Jenology

May 09, 2014#7

20K2,688
                Admin
                20K2,688

May 09, 2014#8

Hadn't she mentioned this before though? I remember in one interview they asked if she'd return and she said yes or maybe? Either way, im not here for it BUT im not mad since she has several films lined up.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#9

I'm in disbelief....seriously?!

Contributor

May 09, 2014#10

Honestly, I don't even care at this point.

I was bitching and screaming fah ha to get off this show after 2011 and you hoes wanted her on. Now that the ratings are an atrocity ya'll NOW want her to jump ship. #SMFH

It's whatever. Honestly, it keeps her in the limelight. And let's keep it 100, the year she did nothing but tour she fell off, Parker flopped & LIU flopped.

We have to remember that she is gonna be 45 not 25. Idol actually gives her even more respect from the GP and critics imho, and she probably finds it a lot easier and convenient for her as a mother, so more power to her.

Intro to Jenology

May 09, 2014#11

It's because harry will renew and they prolly pressured her to stay:) joking but I'm sure she enjoyed the company and didn't want it to end with harry:p kk lol I'll stop totally became a harrifer fan.
                        I don't mind because it's more jennifer for us and more exposure for her. If she decides to say yes I'm sure she has a plan (doesn't she always) and it prolly feels right for her. just gotta trust it.

20K2,688
                        Admin
                        20K2,688

May 09, 2014#12

As long as it won't interfere with Shades of Blue or any other artistic project. :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#13

oh God

Contributor

May 09, 2014#14

I don't mind as long as she steps the wardrobe up like first two seasons

Bachelor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#15

yay :woot :woot

I love seeing her every week :love2

as someone said as long as it does not interfere with other projects :Bravo:

Doctor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#16

American Idol is like Pitbull :lol

NO More Pitbull Collabs/No MOre Idol

Master of Jenology

May 09, 2014#17

Uhhh, aint she supposed to be filming shades of blue around this time next yr? How will she have time? Cant see she the ratings have tanked and shege should leave this sinking ship? I think she has settled, which means she will permanently be knownmgemerican idle judge". Not where her career could be. Dissapointing

Doctor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#18

Expected. But if she's using the money to fund her music career and get those TV show deals then I ain't mad. She better film some more movies to keep us afloat till 2016. :coffee

Intermediate Jenology

May 09, 2014#19

jenfan76 wrote:Uhhh, aint she supposed to be filming shades of blue around this time next yr? How will she have time? Cant see she the ratings have tanked and shege should leave this sinking ship? I think she has settled, which means she will permanently be knownmgemerican idle judge". Not where her career could be. Dissapointing
                                        Shades of Blue won't premiere until September 2015. And it also could end up being a midseason show (starting early 2016). If it premieres in September, they'll only need to start filming in Summer 2015, right after Idol ends.

And what a strange commitment from NBC. I think it never happened before on TV. I wonder what made them pick up this show so early. It must be really promising.

Doctor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#20

emilin wrote:

American Idol is like Pitbull :lol

NO More Pitbull Collabs/No MOre Idol
                                          #DEAD :lmao

23K5,924
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,924

May 09, 2014#21

IDK anymore. The show will be dead next season anyway. Let her sink with it. :coffee

26K8,934
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            26K8,934

May 09, 2014#22

The fact that there will be auditions in NYC doesnt necessarily mean Jen will return for Season 14....

Intro to Jenology

May 09, 2014#23

I hope not! She should just stick to what she's good at ACTING :Bravo:

Doctor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#24

Bye Bye new world tour

Bachelor of Jenology

May 09, 2014#25

I wish she would focus on acting. Don't forget she has the television show Shades of Blue so I think filming a new season of American Idol will be difficult with her tight schedule but I guess we will find out soon.

Read more posts (107 remaining)