Dec 08, 2013#52

Best news I heard Today.

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#53

ohhh heck yes!!

this sounds interesting.

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#54

This is great news. What a good surprise. Only concern is (like TBND) is if she can get fully into this character with Idol going on at the same time. That has to be a distraction. Cuz this seems like it has a chance to get some critical acclaim.

23K5,924
          Doctor of Jenology
          23K5,924

Dec 08, 2013#55

jenfan76 wrote:This is great news. What a good surprise. Only concern is (like TBND) is if she can get fully into this character with Idol going on at the same time. That has to be a distraction. Cuz this seems like it has a chance to get some critical acclaim.
            Isn't she done with Idol until the live shows? This is shooting in January.

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#56

^Oh yea, thinking the live shows start in jan. They prob won't start til sometime in february

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#57

OMG!! At last big news!! I'm so excited for this movie (and also The Boy Next Door)! It sounds really interesting and I'm glad that she is trying different genres lately. I hope she'll give a great performance and captures audience and critics :D

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#58

OMG! This is so exciting! :woot
                  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance2

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#59

^I think the live shows start in early February cause Al starts at 16 Jan and there is 7-8 auditions before lives. But even if the movie shooting starts the same time with the lives it's not a problem cause Al is only two hours a week.

Intermediate Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#60

:woot Sounds great! I'm sooooo excited! :woot

14K678
                      Admin
                      14K678

Dec 08, 2013#61

Looks like they'll start filming the movie January 13 in Atlanta, GA:
                        LILA & EVE - January 13, 2014 - Atlanta, GA; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: On the heels of a tragic drive-by shooting, two distraught mothers team up to avenge the deaths of their children when local inner city authorities fail to find the culprits. (Posted: December 5, 2013)

23K5,924
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        23K5,924

Dec 08, 2013#62

SC88 wrote:Looks like they'll start filming the movie January 13 in Atlanta, GA:
                          LILA & EVE - January 13, 2014 - Atlanta, GA; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: On the heels of a tragic drive-by shooting, two distraught mothers team up to avenge the deaths of their children when local inner city authorities fail to find the culprits. (Posted: December 5, 2013)
                          So soon! :woot Way to start off the year!!! :woot

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#63

nixy1991 wrote:
                            SC88 wrote:Looks like they'll start filming the movie January 13 in Atlanta, GA:
                            So soon! :woot Way to start off the year!!! :woot
                            2014 will be the best year!!!
                            So excited!!! :woot

46K3,683
                            Admin
                            46K3,683

Dec 08, 2013#64

Great news!!

Intermediate Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#65

I am so EXCITED omg yes !! That's a great role ,finally a drama action type movie

Contributor

Dec 08, 2013#66

Now this sounds interesting, I hope it has a dark ending like Set It Off. No happy endings.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#67

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that last time Jennifer acted longside Viola Davis was in 'Out of Sight' when Viola was yet to make a name for herself. This is awesome news! I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't help but think that this is kind of in the same lines of Viola's last movie with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal 'Prisoners' but only more action this time.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#68

The sinopse is cliche as any other Jason Statnam movie, the difference is the avengers are women. However, I can't tell u how much I'm happy that the rom coms are far away in the past

Keep them coming, JLo, get your damn oscar

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#69

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned that last time Jennifer acted longside Viola Davis was in 'Out of Sight' when Viola was yet to make a name for herself. This is awesome news! I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't help but think that this is kind of in the same lines of Viola's last movie with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal 'Prisoners' but only more action this time.

I completely forgot about that!!

Contributor

Dec 08, 2013#70

NelleBelle_89 wrote:
                                          FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned that last time Jennifer acted longside Viola Davis was in 'Out of Sight' when Viola was yet to make a name for herself. This is awesome news! I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't help but think that this is kind of in the same lines of Viola's last movie with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal 'Prisoners' but only more action this time.

I completely forgot about that!!
                                          +1
                                          omg right, totally forgot

Master of Jenology

Dec 08, 2013#71

Jamie_J wrote:The sinopse is cliche as any other Jason Statnam movie, the difference is the avengers are women. However, I can't tell u how much I'm happy that the rom coms are far away in the past

Keep them coming, JLo, get your damn oscar
                                            Oh yes, get that oscar!

12K31
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            12K31

Dec 08, 2013#72

Yesssssssss!! This is what I have been looking for, for so many years :bow

DRAMA

20K2,688
                                              Admin
                                              20K2,688

Dec 08, 2013#73

Exciting!!! I hope we get more news soon.

26K8,946
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                26K8,946

Dec 08, 2013#74

So.... what do we think of the director Charles Stone III?

Dec 08, 2013#75

I found out that he mentioned the movie in October. lol

While you have continued to work, you haven’t done a film since Mr. 3000? Any reason why?

CS: There were other films. What’s been wonderfully humbling about the business is that I’m doing projects where I’m using other peoples’ money to do projects. When you are doing so, you have to take into consideration their concerns to make a great movie but also make sure they will make their money back. With that being said, there were other film projects that I was on that I either stepped away from because I wasn’t getting along with production; meaning that the producers and I had different visions for the film. Years ago, I was attached to a film and sought out the star for the film, and while she loved the script, she told the studio she didn’t think I was right for the project. The studio was wanted to make the movie so I ended up stepping off. There are a variety of things that a director goes through when you’re trying to make something happen with other people’s money. It’s been humbling and blessing that I was able to do three movies in a row, and then there were about six to seven films that almost happened or I didn’t get as I auditioned for it as a director. While I was going that process in the film world, I wanted to do television. There’s a lot of great writing and production coming out from TV now. It’s not the major networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, putting out product, but HBO, FX, AMC and others are also in the mix. I’m still trying to develop movies and there’s a bunch of projects that’s looking good in terms of financing. One of them is a psychological thriller with Viola Davis and Jennifer Lopez. It’s like ‘Thelma and Louise meets ‘Fight Club.’ I’ll know in another week if it happens.

http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2013/10/e ... tlc-story/

:woot

Read more posts (825 remaining)