20K2,682
Admin
20K2,682

Aug 24, 2013#2251

stephen1108 wrote:I'm sure Jen probably re-wrote Dance Again but didn't take a writing credit. Britney does it, she's re-written songs in the past and wrote ON them but doesn't take a credit since it will take away money from the other writers. They make their money elsewhere, so songwriting isn't a huge chunk for them.
    Tell that to Beyonce. Lol doesn't she take credit for like two or three words that were changed?

14K2,614
    Doctor of Jenology
    14K2,614

Aug 24, 2013#2252

Yeah Copy-once gets credits for just change 1 Word, and the people thinks she's a brilliant songwriter like Sia or Diane Warren LOL
      she's so fake

I'm glad Jennifer refuse to take credits on Dance Again song

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 24, 2013#2253

rafaelsalguero wrote:Yeah Copy-once gets credits for just change 1 Word, and the people thinks she's a brilliant songwriter like Sia or Diane Warren LOL
        she's so fake

I'm glad Jennifer refuse to take credits on Dance Again song
        Thats because she didnt write anything
        If she did, her name would be there
        No artist could refuse it, the label wouldnt allow it
        Its good for the artist name, good for the label

And beyonce buys her credits, no mystery about it

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 24, 2013#2254

^I dont think so! I think @stephen1108 is right!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 24, 2013#2255

alexjlover wrote:^I dont think so! I think @stephen1108 is right!!!
            Well, how humble she is
            To work as a writter and choosing not to take credit on it
            If u look by that way, we're not different from Copyoncé's fans
            The.difference is that copyonces name is in there and JLo's not

14K678
            Admin
            14K678

Aug 24, 2013#2256

She probably just changed small parts of Dance Again, like "Live It Up" was "Give It Up" at first. If it's just small changes like that, I can believe that singers don't always take credit for it. It's the same as let's say, you give a friend a suggestion on how to change a few sentences in an essay. Would you ask to be credited on their essay?

But either way, I hope she's more involved than on Love?. We all know from the demos that leaked, that practically the only thing she did was recording the vocals on that album.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 24, 2013#2257

Jamie_J wrote:
                alexjlover wrote:^I dont think so! I think @stephen1108 is right!!!
                Well, how humble she is
                To work as a writter and choosing not to take credit on it
                If u look by that way, we're not different from Copyoncé's fans
                The.difference is that copyonces name is in there and JLo's not
                Hmmm!
                I didnt say that she writes songs and doesnt put her name on it but sometimes
                maybe she controls the song and she works with the songwriters. Jennifer also has never run as the perfect musician to sign her songs. I think all songs have something from her. If you saw the documentary, she said at that time for Dance Again that after "BIG BAM" at her life, she just wanted to dance... again!!!! ;)

16K4,305
                Contributor
                16K4,305

Aug 24, 2013#2258

If Jen had wrote lyrics, her name would be in the credits. Its that simple.
                  Having her name in credits would be much better for label and for her. There is no way she'd write lyrics and not get credited for this.

46K3,604
                  Admin
                  46K3,604

Aug 24, 2013#2259

SC88 wrote:She probably just changed small parts of Dance Again, like "Live It Up" was "Give It Up" at first. If it's just small changes like that, I can believe that singers don't always take credit for it. It's the same as let's say, you give a friend a suggestion on how to change a few sentences in an essay. Would you ask to be credited on their essay?

But either way, I hope she's more involved than on Love?. We all know from the demos that leaked, that practically the only thing she did was recording the vocals on that album.

I've been curious about this, as well, and not sure what to think. That might be it.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 24, 2013#2260

SC88 wrote:She probably just changed small parts of Dance Again, like "Live It Up" was "Give It Up" at first. If it's just small changes like that, I can believe that singers don't always take credit for it. It's the same as let's say, you give a friend a suggestion on how to change a few sentences in an essay. Would you ask to be credited on their essay?

You are right
                      But as we were talking about writte, not suggest, I think we're both right
                      I believe a woman with her history could writte alot
                      And I wanted to see her in a dark way, but her life is always that fayre tale, even when shes down, she sees the.bight side and that kind of shows in her music
                      I so wanted a Rated J for her haha

Aug 24, 2013#2261

You are right
                        But as we were talking about write, not suggest, I think we're both right
                        I believe a woman with her history could write alot
                        And I wanted to see her in a dark way, but her life is always that fayre tale, even when shes down, she sees the bright side and that kind of shows in her music
                        I so wanted a Rated J for her haha

14K2,771
                        Contributor
                        14K2,771

Aug 24, 2013#2262

Happy to read she seems more involved in the writing part this time, like she should be

10K7
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          10K7

Aug 24, 2013#2263

It depends of how big it was. A official rewrote is not a suggestion, though. I agree about the Give It Up/Live It up thing, but it seems like she did more changes for 'Dance Again', at least this was the way she sounded on KIIS-FM last year:
                            Actually, we re-wrote some of the lyrics to fit in to that message.

What Did You Change In The Song?

“A few things. Like in the verses. [Laughs] You listen and you decide! The overall message is there!

http://ryanseacrest.com/2012/03/30/jenn ... bum-audio/
                            I assume she's not lying, lol. And I don't know how this works on the Music Industry, but I think it's more than enough to get a credit on a song? Even if you sample a song, the original songwriters must be credited.

Would be cool if we knew exactly the changes she did on the song.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 24, 2013#2264

Question:

Does anyone know who is Jade Crespo (@jAdejEnius on Twitter)? Is he on JLo's team?
                              Cuz he RT my tweet to J.R. Taylor about VMAs and he tweeted at 22 Aug:
                              Listening to @CoreyRooney speak #Legend

10K7
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              10K7

Aug 25, 2013#2265

It says he is a musician and producer, but I can't find something from him related to Jennifer.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 25, 2013#2266

ImIntoJLo wrote:

It says he is a musician and producer, but I can't find something from him related to Jennifer.
                                  same here!!! :(
                                  maybe he is a new member!!!

hope someone knows something more...

Contributor

Aug 25, 2013#2267

alexjlover wrote:Question:

Does anyone know who is Jade Crespo (@jAdejEnius on Twitter)? Is he on JLo's team?
                                    Cuz he RT my tweet to J.R. Taylor about VMAs and he tweeted at 22 Aug:
                                    Listening to @CoreyRooney speak #Legend

a non-factor

Intro to Jenology

Aug 25, 2013#2268

Still now news...this sucks...I want the new single already

16K4,305
                                      Contributor
                                      16K4,305

Aug 25, 2013#2269

I guess it'll be

January - first single
                                        March - album release

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 25, 2013#2270

mEm wrote:I guess it'll be

January - first single
                                          March - album release
                                          January?! :argh
                                          #DEAD

46K3,604
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,604

Aug 25, 2013#2271

There is no doubt in my mind that they are going to wait for Idol.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 25, 2013#2272

JenRox wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that they are going to wait for Idol.
                                              Hmmmm so when do you think will come out her next single? :(

46K3,604
                                              Admin
                                              46K3,604

Aug 25, 2013#2273

I guess early 2014. OTF came out in Jan and DA in March, so around then is my guess.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 25, 2013#2274

^ok! thanks babe :)

12K31
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  12K31

Aug 25, 2013#2275

I don't mind if she gonna release her new album next summer 2014 but I need something not less than wow

Read more posts (1475 remaining)