Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 17, 2013#2151

Lucy19 wrote:Hopefully the record company picks the next single. Jennifer should not be allowed to pick singles. Live It Up was promoted like crazy and it still bombed. Keep cringebull away from the next single.
    Who said it was her who picked live it up?
    After that tweet where she said: run when they say smash hit" it was pretty clear they made her to release it
    And you should know by now that she is there to sing the songs and say what she thinks about it, the last say is from the label

Contributor

Aug 17, 2013#2152

So no new music til end of AI season next year??

46K3,606
      Admin
      46K3,606

Aug 17, 2013#2153

Jamie_J wrote:
        Lucy19 wrote:Hopefully the record company picks the next single. Jennifer should not be allowed to pick singles. Live It Up was promoted like crazy and it still bombed. Keep cringebull away from the next single.
        After that tweet where she said: run when they say smash hit" it was pretty clear they made her to release it
        And you should know by now that she is there to sing the songs and say what she thinks about it, the last say is from the label

I agree. Also, in this case, Jen repeatedly said the label told her she had to release it because it was a summer hit.

Contributor

Aug 17, 2013#2154

JenRox wrote:
          Jamie_J wrote:

I agree. Also, in this case, Jen repeatedly said the label told her she had to release it because it was a summer hit.
          Yea but she also said that Pitbull wanted it for himself but she liked it so much that she decided to keep it.

Intro to Jenology

Aug 17, 2013#2155

Maybe they twisted her arm into thinking it was a great song lol either way i dont really get the vibe that she was totally passionate about it when she discussed it but i think she said that "summer hit" comment after it was already underperforming.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 17, 2013#2156

threetimes wrote:
              JenRox wrote:
              Jamie_J wrote:

Yea but she also said that Pitbull wanted it for himself but she liked it so much that she decided to keep it.
              She was talking about the demo
              When she first heard it, she liked it and she decided to KEEP it
              Notice that to keep is different from to release
              Take as exemple Rihanna with that song with chris brown
              She wanted to release it, the label said no and she used media and web to make people buy it as a single
              Def jam blocked it on radio and made rihanna back down
              As happened with katy perry where she wanted to release not like the movies instead of last friday night
              The label said no, and you saw what happened, she even refused to perform LFN on VMA and she didnt

Anyway, the artist have no say on whats being released or not
              Because its the label who is going to pay for promotion, radio releases and video
              If the label thinks it is good enough, theyll release it, if dont, they wont

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 17, 2013#2157

yes, she said she wasnt sure to release the song, but the label wanted it as a summer single!

hope they chose the right 1st single!

10K7
                Doctor of Jenology
                10K7

Aug 17, 2013#2158

Here is the interview where she talks about this 'Live It Up' thing:

[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

It starts at 01:00. At 2:25 she clearly says it was a record label's idea.

I'm always wary regarding this backstage department, though, since we have no idea about what happens there.

14K2,614
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  14K2,614

Aug 17, 2013#2159

I hate the fact that if she signed with Idol next year, she cant make more promo on USA, just an Idol Performance like she did on 2011 with OTF no more USA performances !!!!!

:argh :argh :argh

12K31
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    12K31

Aug 17, 2013#2160

So LIU is not the first single !!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 17, 2013#2161

rafaelsalguero wrote:I hate the fact that if she signed with Idol next year, she cant make more promo on USA, just an Idol Performance like she did on 2011 with OTF no more USA performances !!!!!

:argh :argh :argh
                        YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
                        I think it tooo! I dont want to return... :(

Contributor

Aug 17, 2013#2162

JLopez wrote:So LIU is not the first single !!
                          Ofc not. It'll be a buzz single ala "Louboutins". #MARKMYWORDS :coffee
                          She really should've stayed on Def Jam. They really weren't that bad if she actually PERFORMED and did the PROMO.

12K31
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          12K31

Aug 18, 2013#2163

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                            JLopez wrote:So LIU is not the first single !!
                            Ofc not. It'll be a buzz single ala "Louboutins". #MARKMYWORDS :coffee
                            She really should've stayed on Def Jam. They really weren't that bad if she actually PERFORMED and did the PROMO.

Oh ok :D

Master of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2164

ImIntoJLo wrote:Here is the interview where she talks about this 'Live It Up' thing:

I'm always wary regarding this backstage department, though, since we have no idea about what happens there.

for me it was clear that "LIU" is just a song of summer, and I didnt need to hear it of JLo or other..

I dont understand why the fixation of many wanting to do this song the insignia of her next album and her career...

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2165

If LIU is her Louboutins then I expect her next song to be her OTF. :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2166

juniorsega wrote:If LIU is her Louboutins then I expect her next song to be her OTF. :coffee
                                  Amen!

Master of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2167

nick294 wrote:I'm expecting another OTF strategy with this album... Single in January, Album release in May 2014 or thereabouts to coincide with Idol.
                                    I wouldn't have a problem with this strategy if we can get another single before the year ends.

13K1,207
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    13K1,207

Aug 18, 2013#2168

My guess - 'Louboutins' supposed to be her first single back then. But when this song flopped they turned it to viral single. Because we expected 'Love?' in 2009, do you remember? That guy before her performance on AMA said 'Performing new single from her upcoming album 'Love?' - Jennifer Lopez!'...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Master of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2169

tnays20 wrote:
                                        nick294 wrote:I'm expecting another OTF strategy with this album... Single in January, Album release in May 2014 or thereabouts to coincide with Idol.
                                        I wouldn't have a problem with this strategy if we can get another single before the year ends.
                                        Remember when she clearly said they're goin to release a few singles first then the album in the fall or winter? What happened to that?

10K7
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        10K7

Aug 18, 2013#2170

Go JLo wrote:
                                          ImIntoJLo wrote:Here is the interview where she talks about this 'Live It Up' thing:

for me it was clear that "LIU" is just a song of summer, and I didnt need to hear it of JLo or other..

I dont understand why the fixation of many wanting to do this song the insignia of her next album and her career...
                                          Now it's easy to say it is just a summer single, but of course the label expected it to be the real 1st single. No one puts the promo, money and effort in a song like they did for 'Live It Up', if it was supposed to be a mere buzz single since the beginning. If the song had did well, we would have the GMA performance, a new single now and the album in November or earlier, I suppose. I agree with Kate and now it's basically the same thing with Louboutins and Love?. We're going in circles with this talk, though.

I hope we get a single before Idol and a good promo for it. It's a common sense she will use the show to promote her music, but I hope she can use another platforms and strategies as well, I mean, I hope her music won't be only about Idol.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2171

She promoted LIU like crazy. She also used idol, but people just didn't like it..

22K4,141
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            22K4,141

Aug 18, 2013#2172

Exactly, the promo for LIU was the BEST in YEARS! The problem was the song itself.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2173

Not the perfect promo for me cuz was short but of course better than Love? era's promo!!!

Contributor

Aug 18, 2013#2174

CosTaSsSs wrote:Exactly, the promo for LIU was the BEST in YEARS! The problem was the song itself.

right

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 18, 2013#2175

alexjlover wrote:Not the perfect promo for me cuz was short but of course better than Love? era's promo!!!
                                                    U kidding, right?
                                                    They did all that promo and the song just went down, the media trashed it and ignored it and u expected a promo? Not even with a huge hit acts do the promo liu had ever

Read more posts (1575 remaining)