Contributor

Jul 14, 2012#26

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:I love this. She should take advantage of Def Jam's hip-hop library that they own and sample some classics for her upcoming music.

OMG! I never thought of that that is so fuckin true!

I really hope for her next album she gives us some more Urban Jenny! It's like she's lost her urban appeal and street cred, and "Goin In" isn't cuttin it. Come on Jen do a collab. with Drake, Wiz, Big Sean, J.Cole, French Montana, or even Rick Ross again!

I like dance Jenny, but her dance tracks kinda get played out after awhile. She needs to switch it up from time to time. Plus, I think dance is pretty much dead at the moment. People are using it less in the US.

Master of Jenology

Jul 14, 2012#27

This is old school JLo.... Classic!

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 14, 2012#28

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
        RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:I love this. She should take advantage of Def Jam's hip-hop library that they own and sample some classics for her upcoming music.

OMG! I never thought of that that is so fuckin true!

I really hope for her next album she gives us some more Urban Jenny! It's like she's lost her urban appeal and street cred, and "Goin In" isn't cuttin it. Come on Jen do a collab. with Drake, Wiz, Big Sean, J.Cole, French Montana, or even Rick Ross again!

I like dance Jenny, but her dance tracks kinda get played out after awhile. She needs to switch it up from time to time. Plus, I think dance is pretty much dead at the moment. People are using it less in the US.

this. dance music was a phase, and i feel like its going to end soon, and people are switching back to the classic stuff.

regardless, i miss urban jlo too. it was unique music, and it was something that was her signature. i legit think she needs a collab with drake. plus isn't he one of her faves right now? they'd do awesome. and perhaps something with nicki. would be a dope album!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 15, 2012#29

Im sorry I am a US DJ and Dance is not dead... Starships-Nicki Minaj is a dance anthem, Somebody I used to Know, Where Have you been, Turn Up the Music, Call Me Maybe, Thats What Makes You Beautiful, Chasing the Sun, Titanium, Lights...need i name current top 40 hits dance songs in the US. I would love for jen to go back to Urban music but Dance is still what people want and that wont change for a while.

14K678
          Admin
          14K678

Jul 15, 2012#30

Somebody That I Used To Know, Thats What Makes You Beautiful & Call Me Maybe are not dance songs, they are pop. Where Have You Been would've been a guaranteed number 1 a year ago, now it peaked #5. Dance is still huge, but it's slowly going away. There should be some variation, so she can transition into the next trend.

22K4,145
            Doctor of Jenology
            22K4,145

Jul 15, 2012#31

But Gotye's song have been remixed and here for example we play only the remix version which that sucks imo, I believe too that the dance songs aren't dead I just personally got tired of them but I will still like a dance song if it's good!

Contributor

Jul 15, 2012#32

JLoFreakSince3 wrote:Im sorry I am a US DJ and Dance is not dead... Starships-Nicki Minaj is a dance anthem, Somebody I used to Know, Where Have you been, Turn Up the Music, Call Me Maybe, Thats What Makes You Beautiful, Chasing the Sun, Titanium, Lights...need i name current top 40 hits dance songs in the US. I would love for jen to go back to Urban music but Dance is still what people want and that wont change for a while.

Negative. If you're really a DJ you need to collect your poker chips to buy some new records. :coffee

The only major dance-pop tracks that have had longevity on the Billboard Hot 100 have been "Starships" & "Wild Ones".

"Where Have You Been" was said to be a huge smash and this summer's #1 hit, and it only reached the Top 10 and since then been losing some steam in a matter of weeks. "Turn Up The Music" peaked in the Top 10 as well and in a month was already falling off the charts, and how many times did he perform this joint? Several times. Even "Dance Again" peaked @ #17, and it died down in a matter of weeks. Other tracks are barely making the Top 40 let alone the Top 20.

"Call Me Maybe, "Somebody I Used To Know", "Beautiful", are POP records. They are not dance, and they are not even Dance-Pop.

I follow music like no tomorrow. I'm always downloading and listenig to all types of music, I've taken music classes, I follow the charts, etc. The truth of the matter is it was a great phase because it brought something different to the table, but recently the public has gotten tired. It's not as HUGE as let's say 2010. If Jen wants to keep the ball rolling then she needs to start being alot more creative, going back to her roots, stop following trends, but at the same time keep things modern. Right now Dance-Pop is dying [case in-point "Goin In"], and it would be smart if she did some Urban tracks alot more ala Rihanna & Beyonce.

Whether you believe it or not, the U.S. has always used Urban records over Pop records. That is a fact, and that has been established in the industry. So regardless if she did Urban it wouldn't hurt her either way because Urban is still used here.

Intro to Jenology

Jul 15, 2012#33

ChristianM wrote:<3 I miss old school hood JLo :(
                  Me too! i loved this song, and the fact that she recorded the video in Spanish Harlem. Still one of mah fav songs of Jenn's, but damn 10yrs? makes me feel fuckin old. i was 20 when dis shit came out lol

14K2,771
                  Contributor
                  14K2,771

Jul 15, 2012#34

I think I joined BB around the time this got released, ow memories

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 15, 2012#35

One of my favorite songs and videos :love classic JLo!

Master of Jenology

Jul 15, 2012#36

i think she will never have a urban hit again...
                        urabn wont touch her anymore..
                        best thing for her is to mix pop and dance pop...

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 15, 2012#37

You are correct those are indeeed pop songs but all those songs were remixed into dance tracks...trust me dance is not dead !

Contributor

Jul 15, 2012#38

^ Any song can be remixed into anything. :lmao

Ofc a club is going to play a dance or a club remix of the original track, but that doesn't make the track a "dance" record per se. It's just a club mix.

And I disagree jd. She could have easily hit the Top 15-20 with "I'm Into You" had she promoted the song correctly, which she did not, not even performing the track once in the states. Moreover, it was even certified Gold. It was the next best thing from the "Love?" album after "On The Floor". #FACT

Master of Jenology

Jul 15, 2012#39

I m into you is a pop song with some urban influence...

Contributor

Jul 15, 2012#40

I know you didn't just call "I'm Into You" Pop music..

Hopefully, you meant Pop as in popular. "Im Into You" is more Urban than Pop imo. Hell, it's more caribbean than Pop. It's more like Island/Dancehall with Urban [Lil Wayne] influences.

It's no different than Rihanna's "What's My Name" featuring Drake.

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 15, 2012#41

CosTaSsSs wrote:But Gotye's song have been remixed and here for example we play only the remix version which that sucks imo, I believe too that the dance songs aren't dead I just personally got tired of them but I will still like a dance song if it's good!
                                  Same here. I don't think they ever played the original song in my country and this is just an example of many other songs. Dance music may be a new trend in the US and will probably come to an end anytime soon there. But this kind of music has always been popular especially in Europe.

I prefer the remix of Gotye's song btw.

22K4,145
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  22K4,145

Jul 15, 2012#42

^Exactly!

14K678
                                    Admin
                                    14K678

Jul 15, 2012#43

It probably depends on in which country you live, I've never heard a remix of Somebody That I Used To Know on the radio.

Contributor

Jul 15, 2012#44

The U.S. >>>>> Everyone else.

:D

I agree with Stefan though. For the most part they do not play a club or a "dance" mix of a single on the radio. Why would they it's not even the original.

22K4,145
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        22K4,145

Jul 15, 2012#45

^Calm down! lol

Contributor

Jul 15, 2012#46

Unbelieveable - 10 years!
                                            And I'm fan exactly for 10 years now

Read more posts (-4 remaining)