Master of Jenology

Mar 03, 2012#51

Q'VIVA The Chosen will premiere tonight on Fox from 8-10 PM. Over the course of our journey through South America, we meet some remarkable people. What a great experience!

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 03, 2012#52

JenRox wrote:Breaking barriers, as always! :love
      yup ! "that's jenny!" (will & grace line) :ROFL:

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 03, 2012#53

Can't wait to watch 3 hours of this tonight between Fox and Univision!

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 03, 2012#54

^Omg I can't wait for this......!

Master of Jenology

Mar 03, 2012#55

Jennifer Lopez On Marc Anthony:"We're Friends"

Mar 1, 2012 by JENNY SCHAFER

Jennifer Lopez is strapping on boxing gloves and getting physical in a new photo spread for V magazine. But the mom of 4-year-old twins Max and Emme insists her dukes are not up for their papa, estranged husband Marc Anthony.

“I mean, we’re parents and friends first,” the thrice-divorced megastar says of her famous ex. “That will be the thread that ties us together. I don’t know if people expect it to be negative just because the relationship didn’t work out.”

The Bronx-born American Idol judge comments on the rough-and-tough photo shoot.

“I know how to fight!” the 42-year-old singer/actress says in the cover story.

And when it comes to her overall career, J.Lo says she’s learned a thing or two about success.

“You’re not going to hit the target or the bull’s-eye every time. That’s part of it,” she admits. “At the end of the day, I made those choices. I’ve been in the business now, I don’t want to say how many years. You have amazing moments of recognition and success. But at this point in my life, I try to take it all with a grain of salt.”

Mar 03, 2012#56

Jennifer Lopez On Marc Anthony: "We're Friends"

March 1, 2012 by JENNY SCHAFER

Jennifer Lopez is strapping on boxing gloves and getting physical in a new photo spread for V magazine. But the mom of 4-year-old twins Max and Emme insists her dukes are not up for their papa, estranged husband Marc Anthony.

“I mean, we’re parents and friends first,” the thrice-divorced megastar says of her famous ex. “That will be the thread that ties us together. I don’t know if people expect it to be negative just because the relationship didn’t work out.”

The Bronx-born American Idol judge comments on the rough-and-tough photo shoot.

“I know how to fight!” the 42-year-old singer/actress says in the cover story.

And when it comes to her overall career, J.Lo says she’s learned a thing or two about success.

“You’re not going to hit the target or the bull’s-eye every time. That’s part of it,” she admits. “At the end of the day, I made those choices. I’ve been in the business now, I don’t want to say how many years. You have amazing moments of recognition and success. But at this point in my life, I try to take it all with a grain of salt.”

Master of Jenology

Mar 03, 2012#57

[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

26K8,905
                Doctor of Jenology
                26K8,905

Mar 04, 2012#58

Anyone watching the English version? :p

Marc Anthony is doing the voice overs. :interesting

Mar 04, 2012#59

People are loving the show on Twitter.! :D

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#60

I can finally understand! Yes! :-)

46K3,606
                      Admin
                      46K3,606

Mar 04, 2012#61

I like the English version better. They cut it a bit differently and Marc's voice-overs help unite it all and give it direction. Plus, I feel like Jen's musings are more, I don't want to say "real", but expressive or something. Since she doesn't have to try so hard to speak in Spanish, it's not simplified to something she can express in Spanish. Youknowwhatimean? It makes sense to me, since I do that when I have to speak Spanish, too, because the words escape me. And my Spanish is better than hers. :coyJen

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#62

J wrote:People are loving the show on Twitter.! :D
                          :D

evon young ‏ @sudduthgirl
                          #qviva this a great concept. Will do great in Vegas. Good job!

Cremalicious305 ‏ @queencremita
                          Those Argentinian dancers.dam THATS TALENT #QViva

1m Fiona Castor ‏ @FienBiennn
                          Please tell me someone else watching #qviva ... ?

1m Jessica Northey ‏ @JessicaNorthey
                          @PaulaEdgar yeah i know...its all kinda awkward. was expecting something different. it's kinda raw huh? #qviva

1m Cremalicious305 ‏ @queencremita
                          Those Argentinian dancers.dam THATS TALENT #QViva

1m Lisa Dionne ‏ @SweetNCurly
                          I love my men slim like Marc Anthony. #random #qviva

1m Paula Edgar, PGE LLC ‏ @PaulaEdgar
                          Marc Anthony is trying to woo her with his eyebrows #Qviva

1m Ariel n Gissel ‏ @ArielnGissel
                          Watching #qviva with da family

1m Kristian Villegas ‏ @KushtianNoel
                          This girl on #qviva right now is straight gorgeous

1m Beto ‏ @El_Beto
                          I'm actually really enjoying some show with Marc Anthony and J-Lo called #QViva.
                          2m Paula Edgar, PGE LLC ‏ @PaulaEdgar
                          The auditions are awkward #Qviva

2m Michael Salazar ‏ @miketheemt
                          #qviva us my new favorite show

2m heidibailon ‏ @HeidiBailon
                          Watching #qviva for the first time and I can honestly its a good show , go Jlo and marc!!!

2m Arie Lewinsky ‏ @thashxt_
                          Watching #QViva, Jennifer Lopez is hot af.

2m Christopher Zamora ‏ @zamo1213
                          @QVIVA Viendolos por FOX. Ya que Univision lo da 1 dia despues y solo 1 hora. #QViva

2m Lisa Dionne ‏ @SweetNCurly
                          I can't believe I missed most of this show. Darn! #qviva

3m Christopher Zamora ‏ @zamo1213
                          Seing @QVIVA #QViva The Chosen

3m evon young ‏ @sudduthgirl
                          #qviva this a great concept. Will do great in Vegas. Good job!

:dance

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#63

Lol I love when she hits him....ahhh good times..!:-) :-P

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#64

LOL at her shoes comment!
                              Cute when she is dancing and clapping! LOL and they look pretty good to! Cute when she is doing stuff with them!
                              Still makes me sad when they talk about the divorce stuff we saw it on Univision!
                              Love Paoblo and her love is so cute! LOL I was serenaded! Her comments are cute!
                              Aww Jennifer hugged Jaime!
                              LOL at Jennifer cussing and then realizing it! Goosies and a little shoulder dance!
                              Ahh we got it its here we found it!
                              LOL and as always we had company!
                              I just have always loved the car scenes!
                              Cute shaking her head back and forth. Aww Jen teary and talking to her.
                              LOL at the fighting to see the malmbo group! Goosies everywhere!
                              YEEEAAH she’s cute sitting down and bopping her head and clapping and chewing her gum!
                              Ahh they dedicated the dance to Jennifer and she clapped! LOL at that slap! Jen dancing! Then she thanked them!
                              I get the Argentina reference now!
                              I watched both the Univision and Fox!

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#65

It's exciting to think that Q'Viva could be a game-changer for major networks. Hopefully more diverse & interesting programming is to follow!

I'll continue to watch it on Univision, but I love it on Fox. :smile:
                                The performers' passion & talent transcends language, but I can understand the historical/cultural context of their styles of dance & their personal stories with the show being in English. And I like the 2 hours block of time.

Master of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#66

Did Any famous people tweet about the show?

13K3,068
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  13K3,068

Mar 04, 2012#67

Can't wait to watch it in English!!! YAY!

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#68

woohoo i cant wait to watch it in english too!!it ll be cool to actually understand stuff!lol...any vids yet?or DL?:D

13K3,068
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      13K3,068

Mar 04, 2012#69

That's what I'm wondering too lol Need to see this nowwww haha

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#70

can we get download links PLEASE??

14K2,609
                                          Admin
                                          14K2,609

Mar 04, 2012#71

So glad Fox picked up the English version. It takes the show to a whole new level for us none Spanish speakers. :D

I watched both Univision and Fox last night.

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#72

Ratings?????

14K2,609
                                              Admin
                                              14K2,609

Mar 04, 2012#73

Q'Viva! Premieres
                                                Los Angeles : CA : USA | Mar 04, 2012 at 12:05 AM PST

BY Sherrill Fulghum

The Latin talent search program “Q’Viva!” made its American television premiere on Saturday night. Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, and Jamie King searched the Americas to find the right singers, dancers, and performers to vie for a spot in their Las Vegas show.

Last year Lopez and Anthony announced their separation and divorce, but have come back together to find the perfect talent for their new show.

The first stop for Jennifer was Brazil to see a Capoeira group in person. Jennifer was not disappointed and invited all 10 of them to go to Los Angeles to try out for the show. The group then had Jennifer join them.

It was Marc’s turn; and despite the torrential rainstorm in Columbia, he traveled to see a Salsa – Swing Latina - dance troupe. Marc said the performers were on the highest level he has ever seen and invited the group to go to Los Angeles.

Jennifer traveled to Chile to see a guitar player with flying fingers. She called him authentic and gave him a ticket to Los Angeles.

Marc went to Guatemala to see and invite a fire performer to Los Angeles.

In Nincargua Marc saw a singer who hopes to make it to the US where she already has family members and dreams of seeing them again. She gave an inpromptu a’ cappella audition but although Marc said she was good, she wasn’t good enough to get a trip to LA.

Back to Chile, Jennifer’s visit is drawing a lot of attention. A 12 year old Paolo stops Jennifer in the street asking for a chance to audition for her. The street serenade brought smiles to Jennifer’s face and a ticket for the young man.
                                                Marc travels to Mexico City where he went to see a brother and Sister acrobatic dance duo. Marc said that he was very impressed and invited the duo to Los Angeles.

Jennifer and Jamie travel to Argentina where they go to see an
                                                Argentine Tango couple who have been dancing together for only one year. The couple gave Jennifer goose bumps and earned themselves a ticket to Los Angeles.

Jennifer and Marc meet up in Puerto Rico where they went to see a pair of twins who dance Salsa that had caught Marc’s eye.

Despite needing some work the girls won a ticket to LA but Marc said that he was going to have some explaining to do to Jennifer.

Still in Puerto Rico Marc went to see a percussionist that he called incredible. Six Congas, two flying hands, and two elbows won a ticket to Los Angeles.

Jennifer is in Venezuela to visit a dancer Although Jennifer thinks her dancer is technically great, he is on the fence since her partner was not nearly as good and held her back. But in the end, Jennifer have her a ticket to Los Angeles.

Marc traveled to Columb to see an all female gaita group. One of the women told Marc that he was going to be the father of her children. There to watch the girls, Marc was pulled into the performance but it wasn’t enough to impress Marc into giving the girls a ticket to the next round.

While in Columbia Mar and the crew got stuck in an elevator.

Meanwhile in Argentina, Jennifer traveled to the countryside to see a Malmbo group. The guys earned themselves a ticket to Los Angeles.

The search was on for a female vocalist and after a trip to Guatamala, Uruguay, Columbia, and Mexico City Marc finally found a singer he wanted to invite to Los Angeles in Roxanna.
                                                Jennifer found some more Tango dancers; and Marc went to see a dance couple of his own in Panama who were not only shocked to meet Marc but also got a ticket to Los Angeles.

A tired Jennifer was homesick for the twins traveled to Brazil to see a tap dancer who took his talents to the streets of Sao Paola. Jennifer asked him to giver her everything he had and he did. Jennifer said he blew her away and asked him to join them in Los Angeles.

Back in Puerto Rico Marc and Jennifer meet back up to see who the pair had found and watch the final audition of the week together – a traditional Puerto Rican dance troupe - and invited them to Los Angeles.

Eighteen acts were found on the first two legs of their journey through Latin America looking for the best talent to represent Latin culture.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... -premieres

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#74

I'm looking for download link, but can't find it anywehre yet :(

26K8,905
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  26K8,905

Mar 04, 2012#75

Entertainment Weekly

Mar 4 2012 10:32 AM ET

Q'Viva! React: JLo and Marc Anthony reunited and it feels so good?

by April Daley

Take 3 parts aerobatics, 8 parts dance, 9 parts singing, and 1 part speed drumming. Add Spanish, stir, and you have Jennifer Lopez and former husband Marc Anthony’s Fox show searching for the best Latin American talent search, Q’Viva! The Chosen. The series has been airing on Spanish-language TV in the U.S. and in 21 countries since January but made its first attempt at wooing English-speaking TV viewers last night.

For those of us who are Español-challenged, Q’Viva! is about 70 percent English. All the contestants and judges who speak in Spanish and Portuguese are subtitled and Lopez and Anthony’s segments are in English.

The two-hour premiere featured Lopez and Anthony’s trek through Latin American countries auditioning acts to win tickets to the L.A. round of the show. Once in L.A., contestants will audition again.

Auditions are knit together with documentary-like narration and moments where Lopez and Anthony meet up to share their discoveries and just generally exude chemistry. It’s not hard to believe the two are no longer married. They are “very Sonny and Cher” after their divorce, Lopez says as they drive through Puerto Rico.

“We were meant to be in people’s lives on different levels,” Antony says at one point. “Our marriage was one chapter. We got each other for life.”

Q’Viva is an entertaining fusion of reality television and international talent show that avoids all the usual pitfalls: hours of auditioning people who don’t make it, annoying contestants, ridiculous cliffhangers (Take note, Idol) and judges who spout useless criticism. In fact, most of the auditioners shown wind up making the cut for the next round. In the few minutes we get of these contestants’ backstories, they manage to make you care. You root for the Venezuelan dancer who had to give up her daughter when the father of her child and her family made her choose between motherhood and dancing. You root for the 19-year-old Chilean singer who uses music to escape after the death of his cocaine-addict father. There’s a genuine, heartwarming hope for a chance at the American dream. “I’m doing it because it’s never been done and it needs to be,” Lopez offers up as an explanation for leaving her home (and her kids) to audition acts throughout South America. I couldn’t agree more. Maybe we do have room for one more talent competition show.

Q’Viva! has a lot to overcome, particularly its time slot. Saturday isn’t exactly an ideal night to launch a new series. But Jennifer and Marc picked up at least one devoted viewer. I’ll be tuning in next weekend to see the talented singers — and to find out if JLo actually owns shirts that cover her midsection.

Are you are as smitten with Q’Viva! as I am? Smitten enough to tune in on a Saturday night?

Read more posts (148 remaining)