Contributor

Feb 02, 2012#51

Thanks for the DL link, :smile: good to know that there are still sharing sites that are not blocked!!

26K8,905
    Doctor of Jenology
    26K8,905

Feb 02, 2012#52

Ratings:

18.19 million viewers, #1; adults 18-49: 5.9, #1

Week-to-week changes (adults 18-49):
      -7.81% - American Idol

Year-to-year changes (adults 18-49):
      -33.71% - American Idol

:(

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 02, 2012#53

:( oh no...

Master of Jenology

Feb 02, 2012#54

46K3,605
          Admin
          46K3,605

Feb 02, 2012#55

Remember that last year they had a lot of 2 hour episodes, and that was probably one of them. The second hour always has higher ratings, that's why the year to year drops seem so high. It's still the #1 and #2 show of the week, so remember keep things in perspective.

I suppose it will start stabilizing Hollywood Week. I am kinda over auditions. Hopefully they have a lot of really good, buzzy people.

23K5,924
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,924

Feb 02, 2012#56

I have no idea what's wrong, the season is going great so far. I even like it better than S10. They need to promote it more TBH

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 02, 2012#57

People calm down! Last year Idol was the only singing show in America and with new judges. This year we have 3 or 4 very similar shows,people are tired of them..So im happy that show manage to get 18,19,20 million viewers and wins over X factor and The voice double in ratings..and its great promo for Jenn in everything she does and people really like her more then ever.

Master of Jenology

Feb 02, 2012#58

tha ratings are quite good imo :smile: , considering that there are now xfucktor, and the voice :yes , and with the fact that is still #1 :woot show is great..
                  it was nice to watch portland.. :woot :woot

26K8,905
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  26K8,905

Feb 02, 2012#59

JenRox wrote:Remember that last year they had a lot of 2 hour episodes, and that was probably one of them. The second hour always has higher ratings, that's why the year to year drops seem so high. It's still the #1 and #2 show of the week, so remember keep things in perspective.

I suppose it will start stabilizing Hollywood Week. I am kinda over auditions. Hopefully they have a lot of really good, buzzy people.
                    I just checked last year's schedule and last year's episode was also an one-hour episode. :(

I hope it will start stabilizing next week. :pray

Feb 02, 2012#60

MJ's Big Blog

American Idol 11 February Schedule – Performance Challenge Added

By mj On 02/02/2012

Here’s An update to yesterday’s news that the 8th audition episode would be eliminated, pushing up the beginning of the Hollywood Round by a day. Check out the FOX schedule for the rest of February. There will be two days of the “final judgement” round instead of one, as was previously scheduled. That’s great–we’ll get to see lots of the “last chance” performances before the Green Mile begins at the end of Part 1.

Also, the 400th episode celebration has been moved from February 28th to March 7th, which leads me to ask–which episode exactly is the 400th?

Thursday, Feb. 2

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – “Auditions #7: St. Louis, MO”

In an AMERICAN IDOL exclusive, Madonna will world preview the video for her new single “Give Me All Your Luvin,” featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., during AMERICAN IDOL, which travels to St. Louis, MO, for more auditions as the search for the next singing superstar continues. Hopefuls have traveled great distances, waited in seemingly never-ending lines and practiced their routines over and over – and now only Randy, Jennifer and Steven stand between them and their dream.

Wednesday, Feb. 8

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – “Hollywood Round, Part 1”

Randy, Jennifer and Steven join Ryan Seacrest in Hollywood, where some dreams will come true and others will come to an end. The intensity of the competition heats up as hopefuls chosen from around the nation vie for a coveted semifinalist spot.

Thursday, Feb. 9

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – “Hollywood Round, Part 2”

The tension mounts as the Hollywood Round continues and Randy, Jennifer and Steven narrow down the contestants. Some will leave with shattered dreams, others will proceed in the competition.

Wednesday, Feb. 15

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – “Hollywood Round, Part 3”

Tensions are at an all-time high as the Hollywood Round continues and Randy, Jennifer and Steven further narrow down the contestants. Some will leave with shattered dreams, others will proceed in the competition.

Thursday, Feb. 16

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – “Performance Challenge”

Contestants try to impress the judges during a grueling performance challenge. Some will shine, while others will crack under the pressure. (This is where the Top 60 perform 50′s songs in groups – 42 contestants will survive)

Wednesday, Feb. 22

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – “Final Judgment, Part 1”

Contestants try one last time to impress the judges, singing for their lives to prove who deserves to make it to the next round. For some, it’s the end of the road, but for the first group of semifinalists whose names will be revealed tonight, the next part of the journey is about to begin.

Thursday, Feb. 23

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – “Final Judgment, Part 2”

The first phase of the competition comes to a dramatic end when Randy, Jennifer and Steven reveal this season’s remaining semifinalists.

Tuesday, Feb. 28

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “First Group of Semifinalists Perform”

The first set of semifinalists takes the AMERICAN IDOL stage to perform for judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler and for the nation. On this season’s first live show and first night of voting, America votes to send their favorites through to the next round.

Wednesday, Feb. 29

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “Second Group of Semifinalists Perform”

The second set of semifinalists give it their all for the judges and for the nation. America will have to make tough decisions on the season’s second live show and second night of voting.

Feb 02, 2012#61

WOW so there will be two Green Mile episodes (3 hours in total) instead of a 1-hour show?

I can't wait! :popcorn

Feb 02, 2012#62

USA Today

Feb 02, 2012

Randy Jackson: Expect lots of fainting in Hollywood

By Brian Mansfield, USA TODAY
                          Updated 1h ago

Get ready for some American Idol drama. Randy Jackson says the show's contestants were passing out all over the place in Hollywood.

"I don't think we've had a tougher, more challenging Hollywood Week ever," the Idol judge said during a conference call with reporters Thurday. The show's medics, he adds, were called in "more than ever. It was kind of weird. I think it just shows the intensity of what was going on."

So what in the world were the judges and producers doing that caused singers to start fainting? "We're just trying to judge them to the best of our ability," Randy says. He credits an increased level of competition upping the pressure on singers, and some of them couldn't handle it. He also says he saw a lot of kids who were waiting in the theater for their turn to sing stand up and applaud for the other performers, moreso than in previous seasons.

"We put these kids through the paces," he says. Also, fellow judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are more "stern" than they were last season.

"I think you'll see that change in them," Randy says. "They may surprise you."

Does Randy Jackson think past contestants like Baylie Brown and Colton Dixon have an edge this season? "I think they only edge that they have is they've been there before," he says. "Every year, if you watch the auditions closely, we'll say, 'You're not ready yet. Why don't you come back?' Well, this year, they came back!"

One piece of good news: Randy says he may have retired the phrase "In it to win it."

"That's so last season." (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap)

Randy Jackson says he's "sad to hear about what's going on" with "The X Factor" changes. Says Idol judges "lucked out" with their judging panel: first with Simon & Paul, now with Steven & Jennifer. "It's really about having that chemistry."

Asked why ratings are down this season, Randy Jackson says, "Idol's in its 11th season. ... The space of singing shows is definitely a little crowded now. ... That's what happens when the marketplace gets full."

"We have a couple little wrinkles that we're going to throw in," in terms of creative changes, Randy Jackson says.

Who does Randy Jackson think would be a good new judge on "The X Factor"? Mariah Carey "would be amazing ... I don't know if that's ever going to happen." He thinks Simon will "have some very interesting ideas up his sleeve."

"We disagree a lot," Randy Jackson says of the way the judges see contestants. "We don't see everyone the same way. ... And people that we champion, we champion them straight up."

"I think this show can go on for quite a number of years," Randy Jackson says. "I hope and pray that Ryan's going to be there. ... I can't imagine doing a show without him, and he's the best at what he does." Randy says he'll be on "American Idol" for a while yet, but "you never know what the future brings. ... Maybe I'll become the next Brad Pitt or something."

Randy Jackson comments on the passing on Don Cornelius: "What Don was to urban music and black people and music in general, other than the great Berry Gordy, Don is right next to him. ... Helped me and helped everyone I know in their careers." He says Don put all of his acts on his show. "Amazing, amazing guy."

Randy Jackson says we've seen quite a few people that could maybe win this year. "You have to be great every time. It's the consistency of your greatness. ... Everybody has a bad day, but even your bad days are better than most people on their good days. ... Last season, we spotted Scotty & Lauren pretty quickly."

"I think America's just chock full of a lot of talent," Randy Jackson says. "You couldn't have three of these shows on the air otherwise." Being from the South, though, "I love the South, and I love the Midwest." But "there's amazing talent everywhere." Still, he'll give big ups for the South.

Randy Jackson says the judges didn't give out quite as many golden tickets as they did last year. That means longer hours and tougher challenges in Hollywood for the judges -- and the kids, too.

Sounds great! :clap :clap :clap

I can't wait to see tonight's Hollywood Week preview! :p

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 02, 2012#63

Yeah!

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 02, 2012#64

J wrote:WOW so there will be two Green Mile episodes (3 hours in total) instead of a 1-hour show?

I can't wait! :popcorn
                              Randy Jackson: Expect lots of fainting in Hollywood

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 02, 2012#65

Great article,i cant wait for lots of fainting haha..

Asked why ratings are down this season, Randy Jackson says, "Idol's in its 11th season. ... The space of singing shows is definitely a little crowded now. ... That's what happens when the marketplace gets full."

And after this its still #1 show in America!

46K3,605
                                Admin
                                46K3,605

Feb 02, 2012#66

J wrote:
                                  JenRox wrote:Remember that last year they had a lot of 2 hour episodes, and that was probably one of them. The second hour always has higher ratings, that's why the year to year drops seem so high. It's still the #1 and #2 show of the week, so remember keep things in perspective.

I just checked last year's schedule and last year's episode was also an one-hour episode. :(

I hope it will start stabilizing next week. :pray
                                  Oh, really? Boo. Did you notice if it was on at 8 or 9?

Regardless, it's still the #1 and #2 show. That just shows what a juggernaut it was last season and prior.

26K8,905
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  26K8,905

Feb 03, 2012#67

Alright... let's watch Idol.

Live stream:

http://realstatetv.info/wp/channel/foxx.php

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 03, 2012#68

Watching...great start haha I like this season more then last one,cant wait for hollywood round-

26K8,905
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      26K8,905

Feb 03, 2012#69

LOL Jen really liked Johhny Keyser.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 03, 2012#70

He was very sexy about the first guy, oh Jen please stop! Ithink it's not doing well because it's so Jerry Springer. I have watched since the first show, way before Jen was even on there. They need to show more great singers and less of the ridiculous people.

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 03, 2012#71

Jerry Springer ??? You compare American Idol to Jerry Springer..hahahaha enough said

26K8,905
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            26K8,905

Feb 03, 2012#72

"You do that for love sometimes"

LOL I hope Marc is watching.

Feb 03, 2012#73

Reis was just OK. :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 03, 2012#74

J.LO fan wrote:Jerry Springer ??? You compare American Idol to Jerry Springer..hahahaha enough said

Yes Jerry Springer, because of all the garbage that comes out to audition. They know they are horrible way before they audition in front of them. It was funny when AI first started but not so funny now. I'll wait until Hollywood week to start watching again, that's when it gets good.

26K8,905
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  26K8,905

Feb 03, 2012#75

Ethan was great!!! But country music is boooooooring!

Is this American Idol or Country Idol?

Read more posts (58 remaining)