16K4,313
Contributor
16K4,313

Aug 05, 2005#426

Quote:
    Superstar Jennifer Lopez bought herself a $4 million (GBP2.2 million) ring for her own birthday last week
    why didn't Marc bought it lol!

46K3,678
    Admin
    46K3,678

Aug 05, 2005#427

That was COMPLETELY taken out of context. Jennifer said that was "fuckin bullshit".

Aug 05, 2005#428

People News

Paul McCartney has slammed P. Diddy and Jennifer Lopez over fur
        Aug 5, 2005, 10:31 GMT
        printer friendly email this article

Sir Paul McCartney has slammed P. Diddy and Jennifer Lopez for wearing fur.

The former Beatle, who is a strict vegetarian and prominent animal rights campaigner, has hit-out at the two stars for their love of animal skin garments and is urging them to disassociate themselves from the industry.

He told animal rights campaigners PETA: "I think it's very sad. Animals have to be killed and their lives are taken, often in the most disgusting ways for you to have your coat. So that's what I would say to P. Diddy and J. Lo - you look good enough anyway baby.

"I understand all too well the attraction, when you first earn money, of wanting to show off. You want chinchilla dripping off you, you want jewellery. The trouble is, the difference between fur and jewellery is that fur hurts someone."

McCartney admits he is ashamed of his own fur wearing past.

The legendary musician has revealed he once owned a coat made out of nutria - a type of rodent - which was his favourite jacket before he realised it was made out animal skin.

He added: "Look at early pictures of me in the film 'Help' and I've got this black fur coat on that my wife Linda liked because it was such a cool coat, or so it seemed at the time. I remember asking the salesperson, 'What is this?' and he said, 'It's nutria'. I had no idea what he meant."

Admin

Aug 05, 2005#429

Oh Paul McCartney, whine whine whine about animal rights and then go home and climb your $1.2 billion dollar mountain of money.
          Quote:
          its takin one part of the Elle interview and twisiting it.
          that was painfully obvious when i read it. lol

14K2,800
          Contributor
          14K2,800

Aug 05, 2005#430

Quote:
            its takin one part of the Elle interview and twisiting it
            sorry for posting it guys just saw it on a fansite (jlobronx) and then i copied it to here

Admin

Aug 06, 2005#431

^ Yeah, I saw it there too. IMO, some of you need to be a bit more media literate...read between the lines. Just because it's printed somewhere, doesn't make it true. Even E!Online and Reuters have falsely printed stuff.

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 06, 2005#432

People only see things that they want to see. One thing might that might seem wrong to someone, might not be for another. And people should start to accept this. I mean, come on, most people in PETA don't give a sh!t about poor kids in 3rd world countries making their clothes. Yet they cry over animals been killed for fur.

Master of Jenology

Aug 06, 2005#433

Quote:
                  Oh Paul McCartney, whine whine whine about animal rights and then go home and climb your $1.2 billion dollar mountain of money
                  LOL! Thats EXACTLY what i thought when i read it, well pretty much anyway. I thought "Have a freakin cry Paul Mcartney, and then go home to your big mansion and 10 year old skinny blonde wife and cry into your big bag of money" lol

I swear we are on the same page

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 06, 2005#434

i dont believe anything about jen quiting music/movies

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 06, 2005#435

^ yea..me too coz any1 remember wat fat joe said in blender magazine...he ask her if it was enough and she said 'not yet joe not yet' or sumthin like dat cant really remember...
                      Quote:
                      People only see things that they want to see. One thing might that might seem wrong to someone, might not be for another. And people should start to accept this. I mean, come on, most people in PETA don't give a sh!t about poor kids in 3rd world countries making their clothes. Yet they cry over animals been killed for fur.
                      i agree...i think thats 100% tru...
                      Quote:
                      LOL! Thats EXACTLY what i thought when i read it, well pretty much anyway. I thought "Have a freakin cry Paul Mcartney, and then go home to your big mansion and 10 year old skinny blonde wife and cry into your big bag of money" lol
                      wish sum1 would say dat to his face

14K678
                      Admin
                      14K678

Aug 06, 2005#436

Jennifer Lopez claims her acting career is being ruined by her fame.

The brunette beauty - who has starred in a string of high-profile movie flops, including 'Gigli' and 'Jersey Girl' - is desperate to land more serious movie roles but says directors refuse to consider her because of her well-publicised personal life.

J.Lo - who was previously engaged to Hollywood heartthrob Ben Affleck and is now married to Latin singer Marc Anthony - said: "In the beginning I was a blank slate. Then when I became famous I was being offered movies that I could star in but that's all.

"When I think I should be seeing the big directors, they don't even consider me. They see me as a sexy singer who is in the media too much."

Earlier this week, Lopez was at the centre of a pregnancy riddle.

A source claims the pop diva, who is married to Latin singer Marc Anthony, could be six or seven weeks pregnant.

Master of Jenology

Aug 06, 2005#437

Quote:
                          who has starred in a string of high-profile movie flops, including 'Gigli' and 'Jersey Girl' -
                          ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! i hate it when articles say shes starred in a string of flops and then say Gigli and JG....those are the only two flops shes been in! and she didnt even star in JG. : -->:">
                          Quote:
                          "When I think I should be seeing the big directors, they don't even consider me. They see me as a sexy singer who is in the media too much."
                          thats so true, and the thing that sucks is it goes both ways, so in the end Jen gets no credit for her talent in either, people think she cant do both. I guess the idea of being multi-talented is too much to penetrate people's thick skulls.

Admin

Aug 07, 2005#438

she doesn't get credit for her talent because IMO, she's never really shown it. We all enjoy her movies, but are they truly great movies? Selena and OOS for sure, but everything else? I think that's why people don't give her credit, because most of her movies are romantic comedies not meant to be anything more than what they are, which is just a fun couple of hours.
                            Quote:

I swear we are on the same page
                            yeah, we pretty much agree on stuff.

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#439

So...Any one knows what happen to the PSP J.Lo made?

Master of Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#440

Quote:
                                We all enjoy her movies, but are they truly great movies? Selena and OOS for sure, but everything else?
                                i cant really comment, becuase it wopuld definately be biased, but i do love so many of Jen's movies that i personally feel are truly great movies, but then again thats just me personally, not generally speaking.

Maybe Bordertown, AD and AUL will classify as great on the broader scale. I guess we'll have to wait and see

14K2,609
                                Admin
                                14K2,609

Aug 07, 2005#441

Quote:
                                  she doesn't get credit for her talent because IMO, she's never really shown it. We all enjoy her movies, but are they truly great movies? Selena and OOS for sure, but everything else?
                                  I absolutely agree with you on that. I love seeing Jen on the big screen and generally love most of her movies, but yeah since Selena and OOS, she hasn't done movies that would give her the respect and credibility as an actress. TWP, MIM and MIL were decent romantic comedies that I enjoyed watching Jen in, but they are not the roles that are going to get her out of the movie critics dog house. Gigli, JG, Bennifer, they just made things worse.
                                  I think with the upcoming projects, Bordertown , AD, and the release of AUF, were're gonna see some of the Jen from OOS and Selena along with some Jen we've never seen.

14K678
                                  Admin
                                  14K678

Aug 07, 2005#442

Amr Diab never withdrew from the Rebel

Amr has just completed the recording of a new duet with internationally known singer Jennifer Lopez. Amr also appeared in a new soft drink commercial with Jennifer. Amr revealed that he is currently preparing to film the song Wahashtini in the form of a music video in Lebanon under the direction of international director. The singer stressed that the song will have a slow romantic theme to it.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#443

I don't believe Jennifer would ever consider further blemishing her image and reputation by recording and releasing a song with some AMR DIAB loser from the middle east. No offence but who in the western world has the faintest idea of this AMR character. This is an old rumour which begun aruond the time of hyd video shoot, and it just won't go away..

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#444

you dont even know him dude...and u calling him SOME AMR DIAB??...and a loser...???
                                        why arent u guys not open for new things??? u think jen is godess and shes the best and there is NO ONE els whos good or what???

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#445

That's the whole problem... I DON'T know him. Either do most of the world's population.. Why would an Internation megastar consider doing a duet with some singer who caters really only to a niche market consisting of mostly non-english speaking people? Sure he might be famous and successful where he's from, but that means nothing on a world scale. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's not good enough to do a duet with Jen. If this nonsensical rumour is true, and they did indeed make a duet, i sincerely hope it doesn't get released as a single..

14K2,609
                                          Admin
                                          14K2,609

Aug 07, 2005#446

Quote:
                                            Why would an Internation megastar consider doing a duet with some singer who caters really only to a niche market consisting of mostly non-english speaking people?
                                            Because it's her Spanish Album.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#447

im sorry but u guys never want NEW stuff...u guys just want here stick to pop songs...
                                              if they did this single its going to be BIG in the middle east...its good for jen

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#448

Quote:
                                                Because it's her Spanish Album
                                                keyword being Spanish.... D -->D">

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 07, 2005#449

ugh...

14K2,609
                                                  Admin
                                                  14K2,609

Aug 07, 2005#450

Quote:
                                                    if they did this single its going to be BIG in the middle east...its good for jen
                                                    Is this for her her spanish album, I just assumed it was, I'm not familiar with this artist? But yeah it's good for her to branch out.

Read more posts (53 remaining)