Master of Jenology

Jul 22, 2005#401

Quote:
    The only thing that I hated in the trailer was that everybody was credited like the director, Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman but there was no prize winning award for Jennifer. They atleast could goldenglobe award winner for selena.
    I thought see only was nominated

And im quite impressed by Jennifer. She has done a great job!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 22, 2005#402

Nice trailer! im so excited to see this movie!

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 22, 2005#403

Jennifer didnt win the Golden Globe for Selena. She lost to Helen Hunt, i think she won for "As Good As It Gets"

Admin

Jul 22, 2005#404

^ Correct. She won the Oscar that year too.
          Quote:
          i kno..i relized afterwards thanx tho

14K2,771
          Contributor
          14K2,771

Jul 23, 2005#405

just came back from work, and a nice surprise on bb, the trailer, finally. this movie really looks like an oscar movie imo

Intro to Jenology

Jul 23, 2005#406

^ I think so too, I can't wait to see it, it's different for Jen I think.

Master of Jenology

Jul 23, 2005#407

Jenny seems like an afterthought in the trailer on a whole. But hey, im just happy to finally see it and see her in this role! Her "I killed him" scene looks great!
                Quote:
                Destined to become either the rebirth of Jennifer Lopez, and/or Miramax's Cold Mountain of 2005, seeing as depending on who you talk to, Lopez is either Oscar-worthy or had her performance hacked to death in the editing room.
                this is EXACTLY how i feel about AUL....unsure. Will it be the big success that we hope and garner Oscar noms, or just be an afterthought to most people and get critically mauled.....Will Jen get her props for this film and maybe a nom or two? Or will Mirmax take the cowardly way out and severely cut her role into a minor character not worth remembering?
                I hate not knowing!

Jul 23, 2005#408

i REALLY hope they didnt cut out this running away scene:
                  it looks so dramatic!

Admin

Jul 23, 2005#409

Running away is a huge part of the movie, lol.
                    Quote:
                    Or will Mirmax take the cowardly way out and severely cut her role into a minor character not worth remembering?
                    aklfafnhalfhqlfn *blows fuse* Ant, come on! I thought you got over the whole scene-cutting insecurities!

Intro to Jenology

Jul 23, 2005#410

[email=She lost to Helen Hunt, i think she won for "As Good As It Gets"]She lost to Helen Hunt, i think she won for "As Good As It Gets"[/email]
                      I love that movie! and Helen Hunt! Shes a great actress!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 23, 2005#411

Moviefone Top 5AOL
                        Our most requested movies
                        1. An Unfinished Life
                        2. The Island (2005)
                        3. Wedding Crashers
                        4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
                        5. Hustle & Flow

Contributor

Jul 23, 2005#412

^That's hot, but I want a link no im serious I wanna see

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 24, 2005#413

For those of you who live in the US and/or have MTV or VH1, be sure to check out ET on MTV & VH1 this weekend for ETs exclusive peak at An Unfinished Life.

Catch ET on MTV & VH1 at the following times:

MTV
                            07/23/05 11:30 AM Saturday
                            07/24/05 10:30 AM Sunday
                            07/30/05 11:30 AM Saturday

VH1
                            07/23/05 01:30 PM Saturday
                            07/24/05 02:30 PM Sunday

---
                            i hope someone from rip it for us hehe

Master of Jenology

Jul 24, 2005#414

Quote:
                              aklfafnhalfhqlfn *blows fuse* Ant, come on! I thought you got over the whole scene-cutting insecurities!
                              lol! I am, but the trailer sorta reignited them. But not in a big way, just a lil bit. Ok im over it again, please dont send me to the coner to watch paint dry again! Ill be good, promise!

46K3,605
                              Admin
                              46K3,605

Jul 24, 2005#415

Yeah, Jen was on the AOL welcome screen. It said to click for the trailer.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 24, 2005#416

Moviefone Top 5 AOL Today 24th
                                  1. The Island (2005)
                                  2. Wedding Crashers
                                  3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
                                  4. An Unfinished Life
                                  5. Hustle & Flow

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 24, 2005#417

Yeah it is funny how they are using Jennifer to promote this movie, but barely show anythin about her in the trailer. It's probably because they want to attract some of the young audiences as well. I don't think they can do that with Robert Redford or Morgan Freeman.

Master of Jenology

Jul 25, 2005#418

true. I think jen should definately have more screen time in the trailer though, im not whining, but its just wrong.

14K2,609
                                      Admin
                                      14K2,609

Jul 26, 2005#419

Spraggs' film to play Aug. 27 in Cody - By BUZZY HASSRICK

Hollywood will come to Cody on Aug. 27 with the Wyoming screening of a film written by Mark and Virginia Spragg, "An Unfinished Life."

"It's ostensibly set in Wyoming," Mark said.

Starring Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez, the movie interweaves stories of deep friendship (Redford, Freeman) and deep alienation (Redford, Lopez).

"Redford gave the performance of his life," Mark said.

The movie will premier in New York City earlier in August.

"I'm delighted it's going to be in my hometown," Mark said, adding the event will be daunting as well. "I want my friends and family to like the film more than anyone else."

Virginia agreed, saying, "It's wonderful to have the community share in this achievement." She also said the message of the couple's accomplishment is important for high school students.

"From here you can go anywhere," Virginia said. "You don't have to live in a big city."

The screening and preceding reception will be by invitation only. The Spraggs are compiling a list of invitees, which will be sent to Film, Arts and Entertainment Manager Michell Howard of the Wyoming Travel and Tourism Division. She will also receive lists from the Cody chamber, Park County Travel Council and area elected officials.

The film office started working with the project in 2003, scouting movie locations - including Meeteetse - but lost out to Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, Howard said. Still, when the film was finally released, she wanted to capitalize on the setting.

"Theater-goers will think it was shot in Wyoming," she said. "We didn't get the economic impact, but we can tie in tourist promotions."

Howard kept her contacts with Miramax, even providing props during filming, and then asked for an early screening in the state.

Along with Cody, "An Unfinished Life" will be shown in 17 markets in Canada with a vacation package giveaway at a Cody area location, she said. Canadian television spots will promote the giveaway.

Meanwhile, Howard said she will continue to try to convince the Legislature to provide incentive programs for filming, as Canada does. She estimated the state would have received about $8 million if "An Unfinished Life" had been filmed in Wyoming.

The screening will begin at 7:30 p.m. with seating limited to 350. Between 200-250 people will be invited to the reception 5:30-7 p.m., all coordinated through Howard. Any remaining tickets will be given away, not sold, she added.

While the main stars will probably attend the New York premier, the state will try to entice other actors, Mark said. The film had five different release dates which became tangled in the separation of Disney and Miramax, until it was resolved in March.

Part of the deal gave Miramax a fall deadline for releasing films that were already shot, he said. The national release will be Sept. 9.

Spragg said he'll be on a book tour starting Aug. 16, the release of the paperback version, but will return for the Cody screening.

"I'd desperately like it to be appreciated and well thought of here," he said.

The project has been in the works for seven years, when the Spraggs completed the first draft. The filming finished July 2003.

"To have it out in the world is exciting and scary at the same time," Virginia said, because the film will finally be subject to critics' reviews.

Admin

Jul 26, 2005#420

Omg, would Jen being in Cody, Wyoming be hilarious or what?
                                          Quote:
                                          lol! I am, but the trailer sorta reignited them. But not in a big way, just a lil bit. Ok im over it again, please dont send me to the coner to watch paint dry again! Ill be good, promise!
                                          just stop worrrryyyyiiinnnggg. lol

Master of Jenology

Jul 26, 2005#421

Quote:
                                            just stop worrrryyyyiiinnnggg. lol
                                            ok

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 27, 2005#422

Description: An Unfinished Life trailer from Miramax
                                              File Type: ZIP file/Real Media.
                                              Length: 2:31.
                                              Size: 6.22MB

www.lasseonline.com/wp/downloads/

Jul 27, 2005#423

An Unfinished Life Premiere in NYC in August
                                                According to the Cody Enterprisde website, An Unfinished Life will premier in New York city in August. No exact date has been given yet.

And that is not all. The film will have a special screening on August 27, in Cody, Wyoming, the hometown of screenwriters Mark and Virginia Spragg.

For more information about the Cody screening, read the full article here.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 27, 2005#424

tanx!!!
                                                  finally i can see the trailer in a good quality

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 27, 2005#425

thats the first trailer i see..i liked it cant wait for the movie

Read more posts (78 remaining)