Cherry Pie Part 1

Cherry Pie Part 1

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#1

Now that sony music finally announced the new single: Cherry Pie. It's time too open a new single thread for her 3rd single, just like the Get Right threads Don'cha think?

I think it's a good choice with a nice summer vibe, Im curious how you guys think about it! :P Oh yeah there will also be new remixes of it. Im dying too hear them lol :P

15K5
    Doctor of Jenology
    15K5

Jun 24, 2005#2

Cherry pie is not one of my favorite from Rebirth ! but i guess its one of the most commercial song !!!

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#3

I love Cherry Pie!!!!!!! It will go great! Cuz it's such a catchy song! I can't WAIT for the video!!

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#4

Yes omg I wonder how the video will be.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#5

hey guys, when shall we start to vote and request Cherry Pie on radio?

Master of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#6

i think that the success of this song DEFINATELY depends on the video. I hate to say that, but its true. For some weird reason i have a feeling radio wont take too kindly to the song. and i dont think itll be the "Rebirth of Rebirth", as much as i hate using that phrase.

I hope the vid has some HOT dancing and some cool scenes with lotsa sexy attitude! It feels like forever since we've had a new Jen video and its only been a few months, lol

But then again i might be wrong, who knows.

14K2,771
              Contributor
              14K2,771

Jun 24, 2005#7

Quote:
                i think that the success of this song DEFINATELY depends on the video.
                thats so true!!!
                hope it will do great, but its a song you like the first time when ya hear it, all my friends love it. and in the first weeks (when i get the album) it was my fav song. so that might be a good sign, but i feel cp should have been the 2nd one and simw, wywd or igu 3rd.
                i think the video will debut in july in the us, cos the release of a single is always late here in europe, and before the release, about 2 weeks before, the video is on the music channels

Master of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#8

Quote:
                  thats so true!!!
                  hope it will do great, but its a song you like the first time when ya hear it, all my friends love it. and in the first weeks (when i get the album) it was my fav song. so that might be a good sign, but i feel cp should have been the 2nd one and simw, wywd or igu 3rd.
                  i think the video will debut in july in the us, cos the release of a single is always late here in europe, and before the release, about 2 weeks before, the video is on the music channels
                  i agree with all that too! especially the part about it being a song that you love at first. I used to listen to it more than say, IGU or WYWD, but as time has gone by that has reversed. But i still love it.

It woulda done well as the 2nd single IMO too, it fits well to do that and follow it with SIMW or IGU.

great minds think alike

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#9

Jen's favorite song on the album is Cherry Pie..

But i heard on the radio WYWD....I think that will be the next single, it is being played already, I heard it in a store too on a new CD that is out that is mixed by a DJ, the girl told me that this was a new cd with all the new songs that are being played now. She said that WYWD is being mixed in the NYC nighclubs and it sounds HOTT! I wouldn't know since it has been forever that I've been to a club...lol

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#10

Please don't hate me for what Im going to say umkay...D -->D">

First: From the bottom of my heart I wish Jen the best of luck with "cherry pie"....

But, IMO Cherrie pie was the worst pick as the 3rd single. (behind HYD) "Step into my world" should have been the 3rd single.

The hell, "step into my world" should have been the second single but wtf ! .

It is just me or "Cherry pie" sounds like a kindergarden song? I find the beat and the chorus sooo childish and corny.

I have to confess I sing and dance to cherry pie when no one can see me or heard me at home cuz its in the album and I love Jen no matter what, But I can't picture myself (or anyone) dancing on a club to that song... hell NO!

Even "I got U" which I heard the other day at Macy's when I was shopping (Smithaven mall in LI), it would have been better than "cherry pie".

I wonder who is advicing Jen on which single she should release next, cuz who ever this person is, its clear he/she doesnt want "rebirth" to "reborn".

If "cherry pie" reach the number one spot at the charts I swear I will not shave my legs for the next 3 months.

No!!! wait, forgot its summer time! I can't walk around in Daisy Dukes and hairy legs...

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#11

Cherry Pie" Next Single
                        Jennifer Lopez's next single will be the funky retro track 'Cherry Pie' - many fans personal favourite from her Gold-certified top ten album, Rebirth, which has sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide. Its produced by Corey Rooney and Tim and Bob -they did Sisqos 'Thong Song' and Bobby Valentino's 'Slow Down'- and is out on 29th August. Watch out for the usual slammin remixes! Meanwhile, in the US, Jennifer has become only the third female artist and sixth overall to ever have their first five albums debut in the top 10 (the others are Britney Spears, LeAnn Rimes, Snoop Dogg, Ja Rule and DMX). She is also becomes only the tenth female artist to have ever had five top 10 debuts.
                        sonymusic.co.uk

14K2,771
                        Contributor
                        14K2,771

Jun 24, 2005#12

Quote:
                          great minds think alike
                          thanks buffster2002, whats ur real name again? u can call me maurice

Master of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#13

Cherry Pie started circulating in the radios here in the Philippines. This week I counted it had about 40+ times it was played in the radios. So many good comments and reactions from the audience overflowed. Even the dj's like it. Remarkes " Oh My God. I love this song! I now do love her♥ "

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#14

i love 'cherry pie', i just kno that it wont be playin in any urban stations, unless they really accept her like that hehe.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#15

I can't WAIT!!! I hope Jen will shoot the video next week! And we'll get behind the scenes pics soon.. WOHOO!! Can't wait for the video!!

It's Antony Maurice..

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#16

ChP not comercial ....This @#%$ ! FLOP 100%

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#17

ah, yes... we love ur possitivity @PL

Contributor

Jun 24, 2005#18

Quote:
                                      It is just me or "Cherry pie" sounds like a kindergarden song? I find the beat and the chorus sooo childish and corny.

^It's not you, it is a damn kindergarden song. And the beat and chorus is horrid. What I still don't understand is why the heck is this being released at the end of August.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#19

its true .... this song is for kids .... if she wants to help rebirth she have to do it with other songs like step into my world or something like that .... cherry pie is not good for that !!

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#20

not tryin to force yall to like it, but i dont agree wit the kindergarten song thing or watever. its a reall addictive, catchy beat wit a real catchy chorus. the chorus is reeeally easy to get in ur head n just start singin it over n over. n damn its not like shes gonna give up english music, music in general is her a huge part of her life, she said so herself.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#21

I wonder how the cover will look like!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#22

jejeje ...

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#23

CP will be a big hit in Europe, but it's not a song which you can find in the top-20 of the Billboard Hot 100. It won't get far in US I think

14K678
                                                Admin
                                                14K678

Jun 24, 2005#24

yeahh i love this song, i'm glad we finally which song is the next single.

btw: what happened to the remix which was going to be made of simw by peter rauhofer.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 24, 2005#25

Quote:
                                                    I wonder how the cover will look like!!
                                                    Me too! That's one of my favorite things to wait for when a new single comes out.

Read more posts (478 remaining)