United Nations Benefit - New York, NY

United Nations Benefit - New York, NY

Intro to Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#1

I heard earlier today that Jennifer will be making an appearence at an event called - United Nation Honors the Unsung Heros of Poverty Eradication - at the United Nations, tonight at 6:30 pm. I couldnt make it so maybe we can get some photos from the other press agencies...

14K2,609
    Admin
    14K2,609

Nov 09, 2005#2

Yeah, here is an article from univision:

Tuesday, 8 of November, 2005 - 03:56:24

(RPP News) Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lpez will sing free in favor of the poor children of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Chinese, India, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Saw Lioness and south Africa in a formal dinner of premiacin of the Global one Microentrepreneurship Awards whose funds will also be destined for the aid to the small most you needed of the planet. The appointment is this night in the headquarters of the United Nations in New York. Next to the couple they will participate in this marvelous event the daughter of the former American president Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, the actress Rebeca Of Mornay and the winner of the Oscar Tim Robbins, large names and large united fame in favor of the children of 9 nations of the world. This night besides special rewards to the members of these countries by their work on behalf of the poor childhood will be delivered and abandoned that they have served of example for the other nations of the world.

"It is a honor for me and my wife to participate in this gala that rewards and helps the children and to whom they work tirelessly with them. It is a matter of an incredible work that full of hope the hearts and that always is not recognized. It is a task titnica the one that carries out United Nations in favor of the childhood abandoned and poor. The prize for this marvelous people is many times the smile of those small. We sooner or later are going to depend of them because they are ours future. These they are children of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Chinese, The India, Peru, Malawi, south Africa and other countries more but that in essence they represent to all the children of the planet", indicated Marc Anthony.

The gala will be carry out this night and will be transmitted by the web page of the United Nations, www.un.org.

After this gala Marc Anthony will continue with the preparations for its concerts in File the 2 and 3 of December that will be carried out in the Terrace of the Monumental Stadium whose entrances are for sale in Teleticket of Saga.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#3

Aww, I'm so happy and proud that Jen is getting involved with this kind of stuff!!

14K2,614
        Doctor of Jenology
        14K2,614

Nov 09, 2005#4

I hope she perform a New Song !

14K2,609
          Admin
          14K2,609

Nov 09, 2005#5

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#6

awww she looks so cute. i dont know about the bubble shoulders lol. i wish we had bigger pics

14K2,609
              Admin
              14K2,609

Nov 09, 2005#7

I love her in black.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#8

Her and Marc look so good! I'm kinda glad they're showing a little more PDA

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#9

She looks real good in that dress

Contributor

Nov 09, 2005#10

She looks good, anyone notice anything about Jen's body language when Marc kisses her in public?

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#11

she kisses him back?

Contributor

Nov 09, 2005#12

No she has an "Ok eww that's enough lemme back up" pose and vibe, you can see that especially on the live Dominican performance, then look back at how she used to melt on Ben Affleck and Chris.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#13

oh lord, ruru, let it go

14K2,609
                            Admin
                            14K2,609

Nov 09, 2005#14

^ for real.
                              They look very happy and in "real love" to me. They're more pic on gettyimages.

14K2,614
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              14K2,614

Nov 09, 2005#15

OMG ! She looks BEAUTIFUL! Amazing !

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#16

awesome!!! i love the way she looks..and great to see her being involved wit these kind of things..

Master of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#17

YAY!! She is so beautiful!! She looks really nice, and absolutley radiant!

14K2,771
                                    Contributor
                                    14K2,771

Nov 09, 2005#18

she looks nice
                                      glad she's into these kind of events these days

Master of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#19

yeah....great to see her getting involved in this sort of stuff!!! GO JEN!

Master of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#20

Wow Jennifer get's prettier by the day!!! She looks gawjus

Nov 09, 2005#21

Intro to Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#22

Stars laud unsung 'poverty heroes'
                                              (Wednesday November 09, 2005 08:36 AM)

Actress-singer Jennifer Lopez and her singer husband Marc Anthony, British entrepreneur Richard Branson, former first daughter Chelsea Clinton and broadcaster Walter Cronkite have joined forces to honour nine "unsung heroes of poverty eradication."

The celebrities were part of Monday night's star-studded ceremony at the United Nations honouring the winners of The Global Microentrepreneurship Awards.

The nine poor and low-income winners - from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Liberia, South Africa, India, China, Malawi, Sierra Leone and Peru - used small loans to establish successful businesses.

Cronkite read a message from UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, who is travelling in the Middle East, praising the winners and the International Year of Microcredit 2005. With access to small loans, people can move "beyond day-to-day survival," earn and save more, "and protect themselves better against life's unexpected setbacks," he said.

But Annan reminded the VIP audience that "these victories are too rare still in this complicated world of ours" and for microcredit to become a real success business must get involved on a large scale.

Perhaps the loudest applause was given not to a celebrity but to Mama Fatu, a 70-year-old widow from Sierra Leone who took out a 25-dollar microcredit loan in 1998 to start grinding tobacco to produce snuff. She diversified into vegetable production, rice farming and brewing local gin.

"I am illiterate," the elderly woman in a traditional African blue dress said, clutching her glass-engraved award. "I don't know how to go through immigration procedures, but today I am in New York."

As a result of the war in Sierra Leone, she said she was poor and almost homeless "but life came back because of microcredit", which enabled her to earn money to send her son to college and build a house.

"And nobody is going to drag me out of a house again," she said, to huge applause.

Master of ceremonies actor-director Tim Robbins did not seem to mind being upstaged. Neither did awards presenters Lopez, Branson, Clinton, and Rory Kennedy, daughter of the late Senator Robert F Kennedy, or singers Anthony, Roberta Flack and Ben Jelen.
                                              It's not Jennifer Lopez' usual style to take a back seat in public, but the Latin diva was happy to do so at a recent UN anti-poverty gala. Accompanied by husband Marc Anthony, J Lo attended a celeb-studded ceremony, hosted by her friend Tim Robbins, to pay tribute to developing-world entrepreneurs.

Looking relaxed and happy in a flattering backless frock, Jennifer mingled with guests, including millionaire businessman Richard Branson and Chelsea Clinton at the event which honoured the "unsung heroes" of poverty eradication.

She has known Oscar-winner Tim since starring with his partner Susan Sarandon in Shall We Dance, and their children are said to be very fond of her. While Susan and Tim are well-known in Hollywood for their support of worthy causes, J Lo has not been a high-profile campaigner until now.

If her latest movie choice is anything to go by though, the actress may be becoming increasingly socially aware. She recently lensed Bordertown, a movie with a message which focuses on the largely unsolved killings of women in the Mexican city of Ciudad Juarez.

Perhaps the biggest applause on the night, however, came for an elderly African woman who travelled from her home in Sierra Leone to accept her UN honour. Mama Fatu, a 70-year-old victim of the war in the country, rebuilt her life with a $25 loan. "I am illiterate," she said, clutching her glass-engraved award. "I don't know how to go through immigration procedures, but today I am in New York."

Nov 09, 2005#23

Quote:
                                                yeah....great to see her getting involved in this sort of stuff!!! GO JEN!
                                                Yeah definitely better than singing together .

Intro to Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#24

I love her hair and make-up!!!

Master of Jenology

Nov 09, 2005#25

scott did jens make-up for this event. am i right?

Read more posts (55 remaining)