14K678
Admin
14K678

Nov 17, 2005#401

JENNIFER AND NICOLE RECORDED A SONG FOR AMERICAN DARLINGS

Neil Sean's Gossip 11/11

Jennifer Lopez and Nicole Kidman? Not a pairing that immediately springs to mind - but the duo could be big news soon. They star as jazz swing musicians in thirties movie American Darlings, and have already laid rough vocals for the film's theme song Together, Wherever We Go.

Jen told my mole: "It's awesome working with Nicole. You can learn so much as an actress and I have a great feeling about this movie too." If successful, studio bosses hope to release the song into the charts. Nicole - what will Robbie say?

(dont know if this is true, got it from the jlo.net forum)

46K3,606
    Admin
    46K3,606

Nov 18, 2005#402

Yeah, that was posted on here a few days ago. It's from sky news.

14K678
      Admin
      14K678

Nov 18, 2005#403

oh ok, i didn't know it was posted already.

Admin

Nov 18, 2005#404

iheartmslopez - you have to BUY a star on the Walk of Fame. You don't just win one.
          Quote:
          Yeah, Jen was dancin' her butt off when she was up there. Jennifer was the head fly girl in Season 4 though, she would introduce Kennan Ivory at the start of the show and introduce the musical guests at the end.
          did anybody else see that one time where the show just segued into Jen rolling around on a futon type thing, then dancing to this early 90s slow beat? i was like "um, WHAT?" lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 18, 2005#405

i watch in living color every night lol i'm watching it now

Intro to Jenology

Nov 18, 2005#406

Quote:
              did anybody else see that one time where the show just segued into Jen rolling around on a futon type thing, then dancing to this early 90s slow beat? i was like "um, WHAT?" lol
              I remember seeing that one
              Quote:
              i watch in living color every night lol
              I do too! I always tune into BET at 11 during the week so I can catch seeing Jen up there.

14K2,609
              Admin
              14K2,609

Nov 19, 2005#407

THE J-LOOKS

Latin diva turns o on the style in chameleon fashion
                By Lindsay Clydesdale

SHE'S famed for her generous backside, been criticised for her love of fur and ridiculed over her penchant for weddings But thrice-married Jennifer Lopez has another characteristic - a chameleon-like ability to change her image, that keeps her career on a roll.

Styled as a Fifties' bathing beauty for the 2006 Pirelli calendar, she is virtually unrecognisable to her millions of film and music fans.

J-Lo has always been a healthy antidote to the stick-thin stars of Hollywood, thanks to her hourglass figure. But she's also reinvented her look, transforming everything from her hair to her wardrobe and grabbing the limelight every time.

Catherine Woods, showbiz expert from Closer magazine, said J-Lo's evolving style is what makes her stand out on the red carpet.

She said: "She has changed her look a lot, she's like Madonna. Jennifer knows how to keep people interested by changing her look, trying out different styles, finding out what suits her. But she's such a beautiful woman, she seems to suit whatever style she tries. She's been blonde, usually she's a honey-toned brunette, but the pictures for Pirelli have her with much darker hair, which is probably closer to how she looks naturally. It's a much more classy look and I think she looks amazing."

J-Lo's love of fashion has seen her become bosom-buddies with designers including Donatella Versace and she's also launched her own label full of what she calls "sexy street glamour".

Advertisement

These fashion contacts and, of course, a healthy bank balance as the star of films including Maid In Manhattan,The Wedding Planner and Out of Sight, mean she's never short of ideas and advice for the next premiere or awards show. Catherine said: "She has huge amounts of money and fantastic access to designers. I've seen many outfits she's worn where she's lifted the whole look from the catwalk, right down to the accessories.

"I don't think she gets it wrong very often for that reason, because designers will dress her from head to toe."

Another influence on Jennifer's style is her love life. The singer and actress has dated rapper P Diddy, been engaged to movie star Ben Affleck and, after two divorces, is currently married to actor Marc Anthony.

Catherine said: "When she was going out with P Diddy, her look was all bling and hip-hop. During that period she was the Latino babe and wore bandanas a lot.

"With Ben Affleck, a Hollywood leading man, her look became more classic. He comes from a very straight-laced Boston family and Jennifer changed her style accordingly.

"She was wearing beautiful dresses that harked back to the golden age of Hollywood, lots of long frocks. Recently she's been dressing a bit more for herself, perhaps because she's got her own fashion label now."

There have been some duff outfits, dodgy hairdos and tacky flashes of flesh, but love J-Lo or hate her, you can't help looking at her

Intro to Jenology

Nov 19, 2005#408

J. Lo, Star Declined?

Jennifer Lopez's accountant should probably expect to get an earful this week, 'cause there's nothing that annoys a high-maintenance multi-hyphenate more than when she has trouble coughing up for her couture.

The Insider reports Lopez experienced a problem with her plastic when she attempted to buy four dresses last week at a fundraiser gala in New York City. A spywitness says Mrs. Marc Anthony's credit card was spit back twice, allegedly because she'd reached her spending limit, which we're guessing is equal to the gross national product of a mid-sized South American country.

The bill was soon straightened out, however, and Jennifer walked away with her designer duds. And don't fret about the diamond-loving star's financial status: Fortune recently ranked her the 19th richest person under 40, thanks to the more than $300 million her clothing lines and fragrances have raked in, along with personal assets in the $255 million range.

Credit card issues aside, at least Lopezwas willing to pay for the stuff she wanted, unlike Star Jones, who is once again being accused of fishing for freebies.

The New York Daily News says a rep for the gauntly zaftig "View" co-host tried to score her and husband Al Reynolds a day of beauty at the Cornelia Spa in New York last weekend to celebrate the one-year anniversary of their swag-crammed "I do's" (or, as they put it, "blending two hearts and souls into one").

As thanks for indulging Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds, the spa was supposedly offered a mention in an upcoming OK! article tracking what the schmoopy pair did on their special day.

But an insider tells the paper the spa declined the honor of literally waiting on Star and Al hand and foot because it was worried about "the backlash that people got for Star's wedding freebies."

Not so, says Star's rep. "No complimentary services were requested on their behalf," the flack fumes to the News. "We have receipts for the spa, florists, hotel and dinner. Once again, this is a misrepresentation of the truth."

Intro to Jenology

Nov 19, 2005#409

Nice to see nothing too drastic has happened in the world of Jennifer Lopez. I feel so out of the loop, I used to be all up in the biz of Jenny Lo and now that I've been in college and playing ball and working I got no time to hit up E! anymore. I think Jennifer Lopez should do a stunt on House, what do ya think? Sorry, that just popped into my head all of a sudden, LOL.

Master of Jenology

Nov 19, 2005#410

awwwww Hi!!!!!!!!!

yeah, Jen on House would be GREAT, i could definately see that happening! She could be Cuddy's sister or something, and be there for a few weeks working at the hospital! and she and House could have lotsa funny scenes together like House and Cuddy do!

I never thought of that before!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2005#411

^i never wached that show that guy seemed to annoy me a lot ...i hope im talkin about the same show...

Master of Jenology

Nov 19, 2005#412

Quote:
                          she'd reached her spending limit, which we're guessing is equal to the gross national product of a mid-sized South American country.
                          !

Contributor

Nov 19, 2005#413

Quote:
                            i watch in living color every night lol i'm watching it now

It's so wierd watching Jen in the background as a nobody alongside Jim Carey (dancing to hip hop ), Jamie Fox, and they're dancing and watching Queen Latifah perform wit her bright green & yellow

14K2,609
                            Admin
                            14K2,609

Nov 20, 2005#414

Variety.com

Variety (subscription)
                              ... Jennifer LopezJennifer Lopez's Nuyorican Prods. is also developing a Reggaeton pic based on an Albert Leon screenplay. Lopez may do a cameo. ...

Need Variety account to get the rest of the article.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2005#415

Quote:
                                she'd reached her spending limit, which we're guessing is equal to the gross national product of a mid-sized South American country.

46K3,606
                                Admin
                                46K3,606

Nov 20, 2005#416

Here's the full article:

The race is on for Reggaeton
                                  Producers plotting pix based on popular new music

By ANNA MARIE DE LA FUENTE

HOLLYWOOD -- The race is on to make the first major feature involving the hottest youth-driven music phenomenon to hit the radio waves: Reggaeton.
                                  The Puerto Rican mix of hip-hop, Jamaican dance hall and salsa, delivered in staccato Spanglish, has driven radio ratings skyward. Stations that switched to the Reggaeton format have seen their Arbitron ratings double or even quadruple, as in the case of KXOL FM ("Latino 96.3") in Los Angeles. Run by Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS), KXOL switched to a Reggaeton format and saw its rating leap to 4.2 last summer from 1.5 in the fall of 2004.

Players of all sizes are jumping into the fray, although most movie deals are still in the works.

Lions GateLions Gate is close to finalizing a deal with former Telemundo prexyprexy and CEO Jim McNamara and his new shingleshingle Panamax Films to co produce and release "Reggaeton." To be written and helmed by Agustin ("El Vacilon: The Movie"), the $3 million romantic drama will likely fall under the joint venture pactpact the companies recently inked.

Jennifer Lopez's Nuyorican Prods. is also developing a Reggaeton pic based on an Albert Leon screenplay. Lopez may do a cameo.

Meanwhile, the Puerto Rican Film commission is eyeing two to three Reggaeton-themed pics. Among them is a $5 million film based on hit song "Julito Maranas" by Voltio, that Reggaeton label White Lion is developing and Venezuelan Pablo Croce will direct.

Another project, "Cabo y Platon," will be helmed by Edmundo Rodriguez, produced by Propaganda FilmsPropaganda Films and executive produced by talent agent Ivan de Paz. MTV is also said to be in talks with Puerto Rican producers.

"I've read some of these screenplays floating around and they're virtually all '8 Mile' wannabes," says one producer .

The biggest names in Reggaeton -- Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Tego Calderon and Pit Bull -- are being courted to either play themselves or do cameos in these pics.

"Daddy Yankee" has even produced his own film, in which he plays a fictional reggaeton star. His low-budget "Straight from the Barrio" is reshooting some scenes and is in talks with potential distribs.

"I take my inspiration from 'Saturday Night Fever,' says Agustin. "I want my film's soundtrack to define the Reggaeton movement and not just function as an afterthought." While he hopes to enlist some Reggaeton talent, his story centers on four young boys in a rough neighborhood and how the music helps them deal with their lives.

A successful Reggaeton-themed film, playing off the music's popularity, could mean high sales in DVDs, CDs and merchandising, not to mention solid box office. A large potential audience of Reggaeton fans is now waiting to see who crosses the finish line first.

But with great reward comes risk: "There are a lot of half-baked Reggaeton scripts out there," McNamara says.

Admin

Nov 21, 2005#417

Quote:
                                    A spywitness says Mrs. Marc Anthony's credit card was spit back twice
                                    it's really embarassing when that happens, lol. Particularly when it's a mistake on the store's behalf
                                    Quote:
                                    I always tune into BET at 11 during the week so I can catch seeing Jen up there.
                                    me too, lol. The Comedy Channel plays it every day as well.

14K2,609
                                    Admin
                                    14K2,609

Nov 21, 2005#418

Quote:
                                      Here's the full article:
                                      Thanks Heather.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 22, 2005#419

Why the hell isn't Jen going?! I appreciate her being a socially responsible celebrity by going to fundraisers, but I'd love her to get more exposure at events which are really covered by the media. To your average person off the street, Jen has been gone for ages... nobody knows of the obscure events shes been to recently. she needs to go to REAL events. she never goes to award shows... oh yeah great the dodgy latino music awards... who cares about them! ugh!

Admin

Nov 22, 2005#420

^ i don't even know what to call you

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 22, 2005#421

Call me REAL coz im being realistic. To your average person, Jen has been dead ever since Get Right finished.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 22, 2005#422

^you're more like a complainer...i see a little eminem in you always complaing about sumthing...

Intro to Jenology

Nov 22, 2005#423

^
                                                Quote:
                                                To your average person, Jen has been dead ever since Get Right finished.
                                                Why does it matter what those "average people" think They don't keep up with what she is doing anyway lol. Jen's fans know what she has been up to.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 22, 2005#424

u r real to urself... ur an ASS to the rest of us...

14K678
                                                  Admin
                                                  14K678

Nov 22, 2005#425

Not too sick to learn
                                                    Education options help chronically ill children keep up
                                                    Special to The News Journal/THOMAS M. NUTTER
                                                    Martina Mosby hones her reading skills in class with reading and social studies teacher Lynn Lemon at Wilmington Hospital's First State School, which opened in 1985.
                                                    Chelsea Becker, 14, tosses a ball during a break at First State School.
                                                    Tracey Williams (left), 19, and Christopher Mercado, 17, talk about their experiences at First State School. Tracey says she has enjoyed attending First State. Its so boring being by yourself, she says.

The students may have health problems, but they're still kids. Like 17-year-old Christopher Mercado, who is still talking about the phone call he got from superstar Jennifer Lopez following his surgery last year to get a new liver and kidneys. Christopher, who spent eight months at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Rockland, is working to get out of his wheelchair so he can take Lopez up on her promise to have dinner with him when he can walk.

...................................

Read more posts (78 remaining)