American Darlings with Jennifer & Nicole!!!

American Darlings with Jennifer & Nicole!!!

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 02, 2005#1

hey guys, i guess now its official that jen is doing a movie with nicole...

its from MTV.de

www.mtv.de/news/news.php?id=20641

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 02, 2005#2

if i could only read wat it says lol

Dec 02, 2005#3

In a new music strip, which plays in the Swing era, Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lopez play not only the main roles, but divide also the microphone for a Duett.AnzeigeIn the new music drama ' American Darlings ' act like the two Hollywood Grazien Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lopez the main roles. The strip plays in the 40's and tells of two musicians, who fight courageously against the appearance prohibition of female artists and finally create the large break-through. According to that US magazine ' Globe ' will sing the two in genuinly common also. The first photographs already are in the box. J.Lo is to have been totally done by Kidmanns artistic abilities. Quotation: ' it is unbelievably mad to work with Nicole together. One can learn so much of it as an actress and I has a very good feeling, which is to roll our film angeht!'Das Movie next year in the cinemas.

~~~

I went to one of those translation thing, i hope this is true!!!

14K2,801
        Contributor
        14K2,801

Dec 02, 2005#4

thanks for posting
          glad I can read German lol, but the translation is kinda okay

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 02, 2005#5

omg hope its tru...coz fo sum reason im most exited bout dis 1

15K5
            Doctor of Jenology
            15K5

Dec 02, 2005#6

According to Box Office Prophet the movie will be released in 2007.
              Quote:
              Vital statistics for American Darlings
              Main Cast Jennifer Lopez, Nicole Kidman
              Talent in red has entry in The Big Picture

American Darlings: It's Diva-riffic!

Stating the obvious, the musical Chicago was a blockbuster success. It earned over $300 million worldwide and bagged six Oscars including Best Picture. Now, the movie's executive producers, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, have found the perfect follow-up project for a production which can't (well, shouldn't) have a sequel.

Based upon an idea by Hollywood acting coach Susan Baton, whose client list includes one Nicole Kidman, American Darlings is the story of an all-girl swing band in the 1930s and 1940s. During a time of industry oppression against minorities, the caucasian ladies find themselves facing the same obstacles as black and Hispanic musicians. In order to combat their difficulty in booking venues, they start playing in the same minority-populated clubs as their oppressed brethren.

The situation changes for the American Darlings when world war breaks out, as women are suddenly allowed and in fact encouraged to perform in the hottest clubs in the US as a way to keep up spirits during troubling times. In time, the group grows so successful that they wind up in a band competition at the legendary Apollo Theater. Their competition is none other than the Count Basie orchestra.

While definitely a musical, this title will be more dramatic in tone than Chicago. The key to the production is not the story, though. Instead, it's the casting of the leads. Chicago might have seemed to max out with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Renee Zellweger, but American Darlings might have it beat. Academy darling Nicole Kidman and platinum recording artist/Gigli survivor Jennifer Lopez will portray the leaders of the band. This has been a pet project of Kidman's for some time, and she will receive an executive producer credit for the outing. (David Mumpower/BOP)

Intro to Jenology

Dec 03, 2005#7

I hope this is true out of all the rumored Jen movies I want this one to happen the most. Just beacuse I think a Jen/ Nicole movie would be big at the Box Office.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2005#8

OMG... i cannot wait for the project. They makin it sound like it can actually beat out Chicago. I hope it does. Well if it doesnt, i hope it does just as well. I cannot wait to see this. I know gay people all over will b goin to see this lol, since we all into musicals lol

Dec 03, 2005#9

this also sounds like they wrote a script for the movie.

Master of Jenology

Dec 03, 2005#10

this bertter not be rumours, coz this is the movie I've been wanting for years now, and the one i think would be one of Jen's best ever, if not her BEST.

Admin

Dec 03, 2005#11

AD sounds like a great movie...plus, Jen singing old-school music = love.

14K2,801
                        Contributor
                        14K2,801

Dec 03, 2005#12

yeah I so hope this is true. this is really perfect for Jen imo cos she can act, dance and sing in it, the things she can do best

14K2,609
                          Admin
                          14K2,609

Dec 03, 2005#13

^Yeap, I agree, and to be able to work along side Nicole is great.

Contributor

Dec 03, 2005#14

I really hope its finally true lol, I've been waiting for this to happen, I love Nicole and it would be a dream come true if Jen and Nicole made this happen.

Master of Jenology

Dec 04, 2005#15

it would be the PERFECT Jen movie...

Jen showing her dramatic acting skills
                                Jen and Nicole together in a movie
                                The storyline of the film and setting
                                Jen singing old school smoky jazz and swing music in the film
                                The soundtrack of the movie would be like a Jen/Nicole duet album, with studio versions of the songs from the film, so basically a new Jen album as well as the film
                                It also could get Jen some more credibility and respect.

all that , or even a few of those, would mean the perfect Jen film!

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 04, 2005#16

This is great news! It's going to be huge! Jen will be recording new songs!!!

...Gigli survivor... how rude. Like Jen is gonna stop making movies after Gigli flopped.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 04, 2005#17

I've also been real excited about this movie, it it comes through I think it would be a huge success and a really big step for jen.

Master of Jenology

Dec 05, 2005#18

i was thinkin, if this movie is actually gonna happen within the next year, then the soundtrack would be like our next Jen English album, and it'd definately be a new direction for her and show of her maturity, growth and versitility.

Admin

Dec 06, 2005#19

^ I bet they'll do covers. I don't care, I'll love it

Master of Jenology

Dec 06, 2005#20

yeah i wouldnt c are either. But you're probably right actually. covers and new songs probably, im sure there'll be at least a few new/unheard/rare tracks.

14K2,707
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          14K2,707

Dec 07, 2005#21

But what happen with the Filming of this movie ?

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 07, 2005#22

there's no filming date yet, and no director yet.

Dec 07, 2005#23

it should have a director listed, i mean "Carmen" isn't even listed on imdb.com, and it already has a director. I believe it's the guy who directed "Ray". i wish i could find where i read it at. they posted it on here.

Admin

Dec 07, 2005#24

^ Taylor Hackford.

Master of Jenology

Dec 07, 2005#25

whats the status on Carmen now btw? there hasnt been word on it in months.

Read more posts (27 remaining)