Master of Jenology

Dec 12, 2017#326

Crazy4JenL wrote:
    J wrote:A two hour movie won’t be enough tbh. I hope they will change it into a mini series. :pray

And it should be in Spanish!!!
    A mini series would be great but even more time consuming for her. If they get great directors/writers this could really be an amazing project for her.

And no to Spanish, especially on HBO...
    A mini series would be perfect, there's definitely enough content. Would probably interfere with SOB though

26K8,905
    Doctor of Jenology
    26K8,905

Dec 12, 2017#327

Crazy4JenL wrote:^yes, Narcos is amazing but it has more chances of being successful if it’s in English..I think. Didn’t Griselda speak English anyways? Or am I making that up? Watching Cocaine Cowboys 2 and seeing what a crazy evil bitch she was gets me so excited for this role. Really hope she kills it.
      I don’t know. I think it will be more successful if it is in Spanish tbh. I don’t think Griselda spoke English... It would be very lame is Griselda speaks English in the movie IMO.

One of the reasons Narcos is so successful, is because it is (mostly) in Spanish. And “Babel” was also a very successful movie.

The question is: is Jennifer’s Spanish good enough? She will be alright, right? Maybe she should hang out with Sofia Vergara more often, so she could develop a Colombian accent lol.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Dec 12, 2017#328

Jen has never been really good with accent but with a Lot of work she might pull it off Griselda eventually learned English but if she also play the young Griselda that part should probably be in Spanish and then she should have a strong accent. I remember her saying that she wish she could do a movie all in Spanish but that that she didn't speak it well enough.

has HBO ever done a movie/tv show who was partly in Spanish ?

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 12, 2017#329

I need to know who is the director right now.

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

Dec 12, 2017#330

For the director I don't expect a big name more someone that worked a lot with Terrence Winter since he's not only the writer but also the executive producers, so looking at imdb you have Allen Coulter who directed episodes on all the shows he wrote, Vinyl, Broadwalk Empire and the Soprano + a couple of movies, but getting a good latino director would be great.

If they can't do a miniseries it should be a 2 parts movie .

12K11,435
            Contributor
            12K11,435

Dec 12, 2017#331

J wrote:
              Crazy4JenL wrote:^yes, Narcos is amazing but it has more chances of being successful if it’s in English..I think. Didn’t Griselda speak English anyways? Or am I making that up? Watching Cocaine Cowboys 2 and seeing what a crazy evil bitch she was gets me so excited for this role. Really hope she kills it.
              I don’t know. I think it will be more successful if it is in Spanish tbh. I don’t think Griselda spoke English... It would be very lame is Griselda speaks English in the movie IMO.

One of the reasons Narcos is so successful, is because it is (mostly) in Spanish. And “Babel” was also a very successful movie.

The question is: is Jennifer’s Spanish good enough? She will be alright, right? Maybe she should hang out with Sofia Vergara more often, so she could develop a Colombian accent lol.
              Well then Jenny can brake down more barriers and have some Spanish content on HBO lol. I would assume they would have to throw in some Spanish in there with Griselda being Hispanic - but I doubt it will but mostly in Spanish. I assume the one Catherine did was in English, no?

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 12, 2017#332

she could work on this movie after vegas?

26K8,905
                Doctor of Jenology
                26K8,905

Dec 13, 2017#333

daisylo wrote:Jen has never been really good with accent but with a Lot of work she might pull it off Griselda eventually learned English but if she also play the young Griselda that part should probably be in Spanish and then she should have a strong accent. I remember her saying that she wish she could do a movie all in Spanish but that that she didn't speak it well enough.

http://tbivision.com/2017/11/22/hbo-gre ... ge-comedy/

Dec 13, 2017#334

Crazy4JenL wrote:
                    Well then Jenny can brake down more barriers and have some Spanish content on HBO lol. I would assume they would have to throw in some Spanish in there with Griselda being Hispanic - but I doubt it will but mostly in Spanish. I assume the one Catherine did was in English, no?
                    Yeah, Lifetime's Cocaine Godmother is in English:

According to Lifetime, Griselda made her way to the U.S., at the age of 17. :interesting

But according to Wikipedia Griselda (born on 15 February 1943) moved to NYC in the 1970s.

Is Lifetime trying to rewrite history? :coffee

Contributor

Dec 13, 2017#335

lmfaoooo what accent is Catherine doing? That is not a Colombian accent.

23K5,924
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      23K5,924

Dec 13, 2017#336

CZJ's accent reminds me of when Gina Gershon went full on Count Dracula while playing Donatella in her Versace Lifetime movie.

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Dec 13, 2017#337

J wrote:
                          daisylo wrote:Jen has never been really good with accent but with a Lot of work she might pull it off Griselda eventually learned English but if she also play the young Griselda that part should probably be in Spanish and then she should have a strong accent. I remember her saying that she wish she could do a movie all in Spanish but that that she didn't speak it well enough.

http://tbivision.com/2017/11/22/hbo-gre ... ge-comedy/
                          then it's possible, she'll need months of practice tho, if her accent isn't perfect in her songs not sure she can pull it iff for a movie

14K2,609
                          Admin
                          14K2,609

Jan 20, 2018#338

The Lifetime movie with Catherine Zeta-Jones premieres tonight.

Intro to Jenology

Jan 21, 2018#339

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/01/cocain ... 201919603/

CZJ's Lifetime version got trashed. Bring on the JLo/HBO version! :Bravo:

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Jan 21, 2018#340

if Jen is still doing it they need Kazuhiro Tsuji who did Gary Oldman transformation as Churchill in Darkest hours.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 22, 2018#341

After seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones' film last night, I'm not entirely into seeing Jennifer's project.

26K8,905
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  26K8,905

Jan 22, 2018#342

Nothin On Me wrote:After seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones' film last night, I'm not entirely into seeing Jennifer's project.
                                    Why not? :(

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 22, 2018#343

J wrote:
                                      Nothin On Me wrote:After seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones' film last night, I'm not entirely into seeing Jennifer's project.
                                      Because Catherine did a fine job in the part, and I honestly find her a bit more of a powerful and more striking actress. Doesn't mean I wouldn't support Jennifer in her own film, I just don't see the need for it.

Contributor

Jan 22, 2018#344

Nothin On Me wrote:
                                        J wrote:
                                        Because Catherine did a fine job in the part, and I honestly find her a bit more of a powerful and more striking actress. Doesn't mean I wouldn't support Jennifer in her own film, I just don't see the need for it.
                                        I respect your viewpoints, but I think she definitely overacted and her accent was very very weak. They should have chosen another actress, even though Catherine is a good actress.

I do agree that there isn't a need for a film like this. There's another film in the works about Griselda and then Jen's will come last. It'll be so overdone.

14K6,346
                                        Contributor
                                        14K6,346

Jan 22, 2018#345

I kinda agree but not because of CTZ her version wasn’t well received anyway and it’s Liftime but there is too many of that type of stories this days, I wish she had a different project with HBO still now it better happen because she never get to work with such great writers and producers.

Intro to Jenology

Jan 25, 2018#346

Dead at Wendy suggesting Jennifer should have been the one playing Griselda! :lol:
                                            See 12:34

Master of Jenology

Jan 25, 2018#347

CZJ is an ok actress but this was not the role for her. The movie was cheap.

Griselda's story needs to be told by great directors and actors. Jennifer needs to give it her all and they will worship her for this! I have high hopes as HBO films never dissapoint me!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 25, 2018#348

MiggaLo wrote:CZJ is an ok actress but this was not the role for her. The movie was cheap.

Griselda's story needs to be told by great directors and actors. Jennifer needs to give it her all and they will worship her for this! I have high hopes as HBO films never dissapoint me!
                                                If she treats the role like she did Selena, it could potentially help her out and have a better reputation in terms of acting. And yeah, CZJ's accent wasn't Colombian. It was more British or what not.

Master of Jenology

Jan 25, 2018#349

CZJ was playing a white woman with a Russian accent, definatley not Colombian!

46K3,606
                                                  Admin
                                                  46K3,606

Apr 23, 2018#350

Did we know Alex Pettyfer is involved?

After setting up “The Godmother,” a Terrence Winter script, at HBO that he intends to produce with Jennifer Lopez, Pettyfer felt emboldened.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/alex- ... 202780132/

Read more posts (84 remaining)