12K31
Doctor of Jenology
12K31

Oct 14, 2012#26

I'm always traveling all over the world !! When i was in US and when i talk about JLo, they always saying a bad things about her !! When you ask the DJ in the clubs to play JLo's songs, they always make a joke on her !! :(

But when i go to the clubs in Eeurope, they always played JLo's songs without asking them !! They love her so much !! And you can find her movies, CD's everywhere !!

Go to New York (Virgin store) !! You can see just JLo,On the 6 and This is me ..Then albums only in the store !! LOL

But try to go to (HMV) London store !! Or Paris (Virgin store) You will be shock !! :smile:

26K8,905
    Doctor of Jenology
    26K8,905

Oct 14, 2012#27

nixy1991 wrote: This. Europe never gave up on Jennifer, not even during the Brave days.

One flop single, and you're as good as dead in America.
      Brave flopped in Europe too.

Peak positions:
      US #12
      UK #24
      France #28
      Germany #41

12K31
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K31

Oct 14, 2012#28

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
        ChristianM wrote:U shouldnt add Canada's sales for "North America" cuz Canada IS in North America..
        Eh..? Lol

The point is when I compare US sales to others I compare my country not as a continent like the lessers do but as it's own identity.

@JLopez Yes & born in the US. What does that have to do with anything? :lol

I'm just asking

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Master of Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#29

brave flopped eveywhere, only in Russia was succes.
          poor promotion and failed 1st single.

Contributor

Oct 14, 2012#30

:lmao This will probably turn into a heated debate like in the Anastacia thread...

Intro to Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#31

Am I right with what I'm reading here? ô.0
              Like "Jennifer sold more records in the country XYZ so that for we deserve more hits and a longer show of her!"??
              I am pretty sure that the amount of songs and length of the show isn't based on sold records or success in a certain country!
              If you project the songs that here are listed you come to roughly 80 minutes of music plus possible breaks, possible introducing of her Band and Dancers you will reach around 100 minutes and I don't think that this is too less!
              Oct. 25th will be for me the very first time I will see Jennifer live after being a fan for 13 years and for me I don't have expectations or wishes.. I am just too happy for this opportunity to see her live and I KNOW it's going to be great..

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#32

Mels, Its not just about fans its about general public too! Im not saying Im not happy to see her live, Im more then excited and happy, but also Im very worried about how will public react with 16 songs - 1hr 30mins show...She is on SOLO tour, and thats not enough...she could put south american setlist, nothing less, nothing more...

Intro to Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#33

I think she should of gave us all the hits, it's her first world tour so it should be everything and more than we expected. She started off with a good set list in South America and I guess it had to be cut short in the US because it was a co-headlining tour. But now she's the headliner, it shouldn't be the short set list, it doesn't matter where she's performing or what country.

Contributor

Oct 14, 2012#34

J wrote:
                    nixy1991 wrote: This. Europe never gave up on Jennifer, not even during the Brave days.

One flop single, and you're as good as dead in America.
                    Brave flopped in Europe too.

Peak positions:
                    US #12
                    UK #24
                    France #28
                    Germany #41
                    Clocked! :lmao
                    Nixy tried it. :lol

Also, isn't it ironic that she's supposedly "well respected" in Europe but never had a #1 album in the UK? #DEATH

Intro to Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#35

ChristianM wrote:Mels, Its not just about fans its about general public too! Im not saying Im not happy to see her live, Im more then excited and happy, but also Im very worried about how will public react with 16 songs - 1hr 30mins show...She is on SOLO tour, and thats not enough...she could put south american setlist, nothing less, nothing more...
                      I understand what you mean and I understand what you expect but if you take a look at what fans write here or look at what press writes there.. You CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY! And it's even harder for someone like Jen who stands in the spotlight with every single step she's taking!
                      Maybe it is dependent on what songs had their best or highest success in certain countries - which I think would be a stupid reason but ok - but I don't think that the reason is lazyness - like someone wrote here - or something that could mean a disatvantage for her fans!

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#36

^Josh, you are shading Europe way to much. Public loves her more here. UK is not only country in Europe. Its a fact. Im not sure she could ever SOLD OUT tour in North America all by herslef. We didint want special treatment, she could perform her south american setlist, cuz she is not sharing her stage with anyone her.

Again, rewatch videos from Lisbon, Madrid, Bologna, etc...
                        Plus, I wonder why they decided to record DVD here :coffee

Contributor

Oct 14, 2012#37

I know hunnie bunz but you just gotta roll with the punches as a stan. I know it sucks and I know it seems alil cheap and maybe even downright inconsiderate, but hey it is what it is. Maybe she decided it was too much for her to do or maybe she felt like the short set-list was more organized. Who knows but just enjoy that she's actually out there doing her thang and finally touring the world for the first time.

I know when I seen her here in Boston I felt like the set list was alittle short, as all the songs were barely full length if that, but I was satisfied enough that I got the chance to see her live.

Also, there are many people in the US that love her. You guys wouldn't know that because you guys only base your judgement on what you read online, but obviously the #s don't lie. AMA, People Magazine, Forbes, Gold & Platinum plaques, Dance #1s & Latin #1s, good Box Office sales, etc. She gets her respect here aswell, not always, but she does.

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#38

^I know, and I will be satisfied, and Tnx God I bought tickets for 2 different cities, I gave a lot of money and I dont care cuz I know its gonna be the best 2 nights of my life, but I feel that the show would be much better with longer setlist (at least Do it well and Feeling so good).

12K31
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            12K31

Oct 14, 2012#39

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Master of Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#40

she should do play and aint it funny.. they were huge hits in europe, and one of her most known songs here.. they are JLO classics here. and Que hiciste was a big hit in most european countries.
                                with these 3 the show wold be perfect.

she didnt have #1 album in UK, but
                                17 top 10's in UK
                                21 top 20 s in IL are amazing achivment there.

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 14, 2012#41

^Yes :( I miss my Play and Aint funny

26K8,905
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  26K8,905

Oct 14, 2012#42

jd wrote:Que hiciste was a big hit in most european countries.
                                    Most? :interesting

Contributor

Oct 14, 2012#43

Off topic, but I have 2500 posts! :dance2

I am now certified! :cool:

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 15, 2012#44

Oh The

I`m Glad about my chilean Tour... I Had The Long one And Best :cool:
                                        JLOFANCHRIS wrote:Off topic, but I have 2500 posts! :dance2

Congrats baby, took Me 2 years to Reach That numer %)

Contributor

Oct 15, 2012#45

Thanks emilin! :D :kiss :hug

Contributor

Oct 15, 2012#46

@emilin

That's how the Europeans are. They're mad at North America they're mad at South America, cause Europe "is the best continent in the world". She's so "respected", has the most hits there, so she deserves to give her Europe fans more than the rest.

Master of Jenology

Oct 15, 2012#47

J wrote:
                                              jd wrote:Que hiciste was a big hit in most european countries.
                                              Most? :interesting
                                              Spain, Portugal, Itally, Swiss, Austria, Germany, Greece Croatia, Serbia, Benelux, ....fronce

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 15, 2012#48

I don't understand why she performs flops like Goin in and Papi, instead of classic hits Ain't it funny and Play.

16K4,305
                                                Contributor
                                                16K4,305

Oct 15, 2012#49

Actually,i'm really excited for Goin In / Papi / I'm Into You performances.
                                                  NOT here for HIDDI / I'm Real Remix / Aint It Funny remix tho.

12K31
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  12K31

Oct 15, 2012#50

JLOFANCHRIS wrote:Off topic, but I have 2500 posts! :dance2

It's not off topic !! This is the best thing in this topic i have seen !!

Congrats sweety :hug

Read more posts (8 remaining)