JLo Enrique Tour - Toronto, CA / Air Canada Centre / July 17 & 18

JLo Enrique Tour - Toronto, CA / Air Canada Centre / July 17 & 18

46K3,605
Admin
46K3,605

Jul 16, 2012#1

TORONTO - Two of the biggest Latin-pop stars in the world - with combined sales of 125 million worldwide - on the road together sure sounds like a no-brainer.

At least it did for Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias, who bring their North American co-headlining tour to Toronto's Air Canada Centre July 17 and 18 after kicking it off in Montreal.

"Jennifer and I have known each other for quite some years, and we thought it was a good idea," said Iglesias, 37, during a recent teleconference interview with Lopez. "We are the ones that are gonna be on stage. And at the end of the day, it's our responsibility. And if it goes well, it's our responsibility, and if it goes bad wrong, it's our responsibility."

As for launching the high profile tour in Canada, Iglesias says audiences across the border have been good to him.

"I love going to Montreal. It's quite a city. And then Toronto has always been good. I actually lived in Toronto. That's where I made my first album. I moved there and I lived there. I'm very close to it because, for me, it's a special city. It's one of the best crowds we're gonna see on the tour."

Lopez, 42, didn't initially remember playing in Canada even though she had co-headlined with ex-husband and salsa star Marc Anthony in both Toronto and Montreal in 2007.

"You know you're very forgetful when you're pregnant. I was pregnant."

Lopez did say the experience of being an American Idol judge has made her want to improve her own live performances.

"Absolutely," she said. "You're always telling everybody be comfortable, be natural, be in control - all of the things that make a great performer - singing from your heart and listen to the lyrics. It's so easy to say from a chair, but when you get up there, it's so hard to execute."

Both artists saying they'd like to perform with each other on the tour. Iglesias says his favourite Lopez song is If You Have My Love while Lopez says her favourite Iglesias song is Bailamos.

But who the devil is going to go on first?

"We're still talking about all that," said Lopez, a mother of 4-year-old twins with Anthony. " I think that Enrique should close. I'll go first. I'll be home in time to put the babies to bed. All those screaming girls for you, you have to close."

The challenge is merging their two styles.

"Jennifer's show is a little more synchronized, obviously more dancers, more costume change," said Iglesias. "I'm a guy, so when it comes down to costume changes, I get a little more lazy. I guess one's more a Madonna show, the other one's more a U2 show."

That comparison is definitely reflected in the way they prepare to go on stage.

Lopez says she does a lot of stretching and vocal warmups, "breaking a sweat before I go out there," while Iglesias just wants to drink alone in his room backstage, which isn't nearly as depressing as it sounds.

"I do like to have a little bit of rum, just to get rid of the nerves," he said.

A few new bits from that conference. A lot is old, though.

Who is going to this show? :D :D

26K8,905
    Doctor of Jenology
    26K8,905

Jul 16, 2012#2

"You know you're very forgetful when you're pregnant. I was pregnant."

Good excuse. :D

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 16, 2012#3

LOL !! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 16, 2012#4

Hahahaha!

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 16, 2012#5

:D

Master of Jenology

Jul 16, 2012#6

Lol..I think this is the first time I hear Jen playing the pregnant card!!Has there been some other times too??

13K3,068
              Doctor of Jenology
              13K3,068

Jul 16, 2012#7

My brother is just home from living in Toronto and he said the arena holds a good bit over 20,000! Hope both nights go well

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#8

Someone let me know who is closing in this particular show?

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#9

My aunty lives in Toronto. I cannot believe she isnt going to the concert. I'm so dissapointed in her haha...WHY ON EARTH WOULD SHE NOT GO TO A JLO CONCERT -_-

46K3,605
                    Admin
                    46K3,605

Jul 17, 2012#10

Today is the day! :D

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#11

i need to find out if they are alternating who closes the show....

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#12

Goin' in or WFT would be the perfect songs to open her show!

I wish Enrique will open all the concerts from now on!

Why still no dates for Mexico, Puerto Rico, Australia, Japan, Marruecos??....she needs to go to Asia to really make a World Tour!

You think that now that she quit AI she'll get more dates in other countries?

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#13

Today! :-P

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#14

sweetface86 wrote:i need to find out if they are alternating who closes the show....
                              This !!! I guess we will just wait and see !

26K8,905
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              26K8,905

Jul 17, 2012#15

Who's going to this one? theringleader, right?

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#16

:D I think so

46K3,605
                                  Admin
                                  46K3,605

Jul 17, 2012#17

Yup!! :D

@LIVEatACC Set Times for ‪#EnriqueJLOTourTO‬ tonight--->Doors: 6:30pm Local DJ: 7:30-7:50 @Enrique305 8:10:9:20 @JLO: 9:50-11pm. Enjoy!

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2012#18

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer Jen closes! Yay!

46K3,605
                                      Admin
                                      46K3,605

Jul 17, 2012#19

It's crazy how many people are still expecting to see W&Y, lol. I kinda feel bad for them, lol

Intro to Jenology

Jul 18, 2012#20

OMG did you see the shooting today in Toronto? All I could think about was JLO

22K4,141
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          22K4,141

Jul 18, 2012#21

I'm happy that the tour started again! It feels great seeing this pics at last! I thought I would be jealous and I wouldn't be able to see the tour but from what I see I enjoy it a lot! I so hope that she will extend the tour but I doubt it! It would be nice tho! I would have chances to see her live again! Can't wait for today's videos and pics!

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 18, 2012#22

JenRox wrote:Yup!! :D

@LIVEatACC Set Times for ‪#EnriqueJLOTourTO‬ tonight--->Doors: 6:30pm Local DJ: 7:30-7:50 @Enrique305 8:10:9:20 @JLO: 9:50-11pm. Enjoy!

So maybe she's closing for now on!!!

Intro to Jenology

Jul 18, 2012#23

What about Tonight show in Toronto?? :Bravo:

Master of Jenology

Jul 18, 2012#24

so who's going to this one???

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 18, 2012#25

cconte wrote:OMG did you see the shooting today in Toronto? All I could think about was JLO
                                                    What!? :sorry:

Read more posts (170 remaining)