Contributor

Jun 17, 2012#1351

Im all over the place with Hiddi. I LOVE it sometimes, then completely forget about it. Then love it again etc.
    She seems to enjoy performing it though!

Intro to Jenology

Jun 18, 2012#1352

joeylovesjlo wrote:
      Hypnotico wrote:
      J wrote:Hold It Don't Drop It!

[BBvideo][/BBvideo]
      omggg The ending! :lol:

I'm gonna make a gif lol
      :rockon

I love it, so good, she smashed it.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 18, 2012#1353

jd wrote:HDDI will become her classic imo. Just like Lets get loud became.
        Maybe it wont be generally known as LGL but she will always perform that song, and more and more people will get familiar with it.
        100% agree

This song is one of my favorites it still bothers me it didn't get a proper release in the states with promo. It could have been a hit. It's production is amazing and so are the lyrics. Plus the video is one of her best for its simplicity and awesomeness. It's still the only song I think she's released since then that could have received a grammy nomination. And if it didnt then I really have no idea what jen song will.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 18, 2012#1354

J wrote:I can't get enough of HIDDI. :woot

I found this on Wiki:

"Hold It Don't Drop It" received mainly positive reviews by music critics. Slant Magazine named "Hold It Don't Drop It" the thirty-fifth best song of 2007, praising "a surprisingly agile vocal performance from La Lopez, making it the singer's best single in years". Nick Levine of Digital Spy awarded the song four out of five stars, calling it "as bold, brash and sassy as the Latina diva herself." Eric Henderson from Slant Magazine wrote that "the song thrashes your body mercilessly the first time, tickles your ears the second time, and compels you to track down that old "It Only Takes a Minute" vinyl by the third or fourth." Mike Joseph from PopMatters commented that the "intriguingly titled 'Hold It Don’t Drop It' lifts sizable chunks from the Tavares disco classic 'It Only Takes a Minute'."

I didn't know this. :love2

It should have been a hit. :coffee

Too bad she couldn't promote it because the album flopped/because she was pregnant. :(

First of all, thank you for the welcome message

And I agree, as a DJ and music enthusiast I absolutely adore HIDDI, I´ve always played the MOTO BLANCO MIX in the Club and the crowd went crazy.

I´m more than happy that she is performing it in this tour

Contributor

Jun 18, 2012#1355

thisismethen17 wrote:Im all over the place with Hiddi. I LOVE it sometimes, then completely forget about it. Then love it again etc.
            She seems to enjoy performing it though!
            +1

Not sure what I still feel about it, but Stephan was right I needed to see this performance. And I have to say after seeing it I def. enjoyed it!

I can't believe I didn't see all the videos tho! She looks and sounds amazing and I can't wait to see her live! I have to say some parts are alittle weak here and there, but nevertheless should we really be complaining? It's her first world tour, and atleast she is finally touring and performing for us.

It gets me so hyped. And I can't wait to show my brother & sister the reason why I stan for her! :woot :woot

Intro to Jenology

Jun 18, 2012#1356

JLOPTY wrote:
              J wrote:
              JLOPTY wrote:I think most of the show was prerecorded vocals. She did sing live for some songs though.
              Did you enjoy it?

What was the full setlist? :woot

Never Gonna Give Up - Video Intro
              Get Right
              Love Don't Cost A Thing
              I'm Into You
              Waiting For Tonight
              Louboutins - Video Interlude
              Goin' In
              I'm Real (Remix)
              All I Have
              Feelin' So Good
              Ain't It Funny (Remix)
              Jenny From The Block
              Starting Over/I'm Glad/Secretly - Video Interlude
              If You Had My Love (Acoustic)
              Until It Beats No More
              Que Hiciste
              Baby I Love U - Video Interlude
              Do It Well
              Whatever You Wanna Do
              Hold It Don't Drop It
              Video Interlude
              Let's Get Loud
              Papi
              On The Floor

-Encore -
              Dance Again
              WHY was I'm Glad a fuckin video Interlude? Grrrr this pisses me off, this song DESERVES a live performance! And am i the only one who DOESN'T like the acoustic version of IYHML? I'm here for the performance and dance breaks...since thats wut she's knows for *throws papers off my desk* lol Other than that, the setlist seems pretty decent

Master of Jenology

Jun 19, 2012#1357

^She has never performed I'm Glad live, wonder why

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 19, 2012#1358

yes i want If u had my love with the dance break, but ok i thank God she s doin a Worldwide tour ;)

46K3,684
                  Admin
                  46K3,684

Jun 19, 2012#1359

Meh, I don't like I'm Glad. And I loooove the acoustic IYHML, haha. :D

22K4,158
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    22K4,158

Jun 19, 2012#1360

I'm Glad is one of her best songs and she has ever written, but I can totally understand why she doesn't want to perform it at all...!

Intro to Jenology

Jun 19, 2012#1361

CosTaSsSs wrote:I'm Glad is one of her best songs and she has ever written, but I can totally understand why she doesn't want to perform it at all...!
                        It's hard to doing the flashdance live lol.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 19, 2012#1362

JenRox wrote:Meh, I don't like I'm Glad. And I loooove the acoustic IYHML, haha. :D
                          lol but of course u would be against everythin that I stand for heather *throws papers @ u* lol but I'm Glad goes fuckin HARD...i can only imagine how it would sound with a live band,and the IYHML dance break is klassik

14K678
                          Admin
                          14K678

Jun 19, 2012#1363

I don't really care much for the IYML dance break, I'd rather see the FSG dancebreak again, that part was perfect at the World Music Awards. :bow

And from what I've seen I like the new DIW and WYWD choreos, especially the end of DIW, but they should have kept the original dance breaks in there, to have a few more WOW moments ( @ 0:50). I'm sure the new ones are not easy to do either, but it doesn't really seem like she really goes hard on the new dancebreaks, if that makes any sense.

Master of Jenology

Jun 19, 2012#1364

grrrrr
                              alwasy someone complains.
                              coreography is amazing and her performances are on top.
                              try to sing and move for an hour and half, you would all beg to be britney spears..

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 19, 2012#1365

jd wrote:grrrrr
                                alwasy someone complains.
                                coreography is amazing and her performances are on top.
                                try to sing and move for an hour and half, you would all beg to be britney spears..[/quote]
                                :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Intro to Jenology

Jul 08, 2012#1366

im going to her dubai show inshallah! whos going?

Read more posts (-9 remaining)