Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#26

Yeah definitely one of my faves too...I can watch it all day and not get bored of it! So amazing

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#27

SHE WAS AMAZING!!!

I was on the floor close to the catwalk and got many photos and videos, I am uploading them today when I get home from work. Before the concert started I saw Gilbert Saldivar and took a photo with him, I asked him if she cut the Funk Set and Ballad set and he said yes but she will be performing No Me Queda Mas.

To be able to see her up close and personal was beyond amazing, she glows with beauty and energy. The crowd was going crazy for her throughout the entire set! No Me Queda Mas was a beautiful rendition and I am absolutely proud of the way she sang it. The crowd went nutts when she sang it, so much emotion you could see it in her face. My favorite performance of the night! Another highlight for me was Goin' In, I absolutely was in Awe seeing her move like that right in front of me I was going nutts and she saw me and smiled! To lock eyes with our queen was to die for, shoot me now lol.

Right after Dance Again I walked close to the right back side of the stage and saw her and Casper walk out they were waving at us, I shook hands with Kuk Harrell as he was walking towards them (tried to take a picture but Jennifer was waving at us so I was in Awe I forgot to ask him lol).

Here are a few pics I uploaded to Facebook, their will be more and videos to come once I upload them to Youtube and get the pics onto my computer!

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#28

Cooool. Sounds like u had the best night of you life! :D

Cnt wait for the photos and mybe videos too ;)

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#29

RtothaJO wrote:Cooool. Sounds like u had the best night of you life! :D

Cnt wait for the photos and mybe videos too ;)
          It sure was the night of my life baby! :rockon I was in heaven the entire night!

Enrique was hot as hell BTW lmao

46K3,676
          Admin
          46K3,676

Aug 27, 2012#30

Great review and pics! :D

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#31

Dance Again!

[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

Master of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#32

JenRox wrote:No Me Queda Mas is a signature Selena song. Jen sounds amazing in Spanish, so I think it was a great choice.
                I couldnt agree with you more, it was the perfect song... i think Jen sounded more amazing that night...I thought it was brilliant for Jen to tribute Selena.

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#33

Here is my video of No Me Queda Mas! My absolute favorite song of the night!

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#34

Its really great that Jlo sang that song No Me Queda Mas

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#35

Aww sounded even better! She looks so pretty :)

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#36

I'm glad everyone had fun at Jen's concert in "You Sing" Texas

Contributor

Aug 27, 2012#37

paltin86 wrote:I'm glad everyone had fun at Jen's concert in "You Sing" Texas
                          LOL

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#38

LOL so funny! My boyfriend went with me to see her in San Antonio and swore up and down that she said "Houston" but after I played him the video back he could hear its just her accent lol. :lol:

26K8,932
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            26K8,932

Aug 27, 2012#39

:lmao

Aug 27, 2012#40

Houston Press

Last Night: Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias at Toyota Center

By Marco Torres Mon., Aug. 27 2012 at 12:30 PM

photos by Marco Torres

Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias
                                Toyota Center Houston
                                August 26th, 2012

"I'm just a simple girl from The Bronx, don't let the sparkly pants fool you"
                                -- Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez has played many roles. She has been a Fly Girl, Selena, Karen Sisco, a wedding planner, a maid, a television producer and a host. She has her own clothing and perfume line. She's been married and divorced thrice -- her D-I-V-O-R-C-E to Marc Anthony is pending -- and is the mother of twins. Her smile, laugh, beauty and booty are recognized worldwide. Not bad for Jenny From The Block.

The 43-year-old Nuyorican displayed her most famous talents (the vocal, dancing, and posterior variety) last night at Toyota Center, co-headlining the show with Spanish heartthrob Enrique Iglesias. JLo ascended on a platform at center stage dressed in a bedazzled, nude-colored bodysuit, tone and fit, dancing hard from the first note.

A few brief notes about Enrique. We have covered him several times in the past year, including an appearance at RodeoHouston and with Pitbull. His set was predictable, but still a boat load of fun.

The best moments of the night involved a nervous but excitable 21-year-old gentleman named Robin, whom Enrique plucked from the front row, and a very pregnant woman that he serenaded on the B-Stage at the back of the house. I would venture to say that most of the crowd came to see him perform, and stayed for JLo.

She greeted the crowd with "Hello, Lovers!" inciting a roar from the crowd. Her energy was brilliant as she shuffled across the stage with elegance and determination, exuding a natural confidence and charisma that we have come to expect from her, but that is often missing in the modern day musical landscape.

She started with the funky "Get Right", dancing with a cane, her backup dancers trying their best to keep up. She followed with "Love Don't Cost A Thing", a theme she would hit upon several times throughout the night. The overall mood was very glam and very diva, but not snobbish. The rapport she establishes with her audience is a very caring and approachable one, never forced or scripted.

Her opening set closed with "Waiting For Tonight", one of her early hits from her debut album On The 6, whose name pays homage to the train she would take from The Bronx to Manhattan for dance and acting auditions.

"Y'all get ready to have a good time here in Texas" she commands, not asks.

A boxing ring was then erected near the center of the floor, pitting a fighter named "Lopez" against another heavyweight. The fighter gets beat up pretty bad, but doesn't give up and eventually wins out. The video screen shows JLo falling onstage at the Grammys, establishing the set as a metaphor of her resilience. The track "Goin In" featuring the rapper Flo Rida, followed the boxing match, with Jennifer dancing around in a gold hoodie, MC Hammer pants and Yankees ball cap.

She took it back old school with "I'm Real", "Ain't It Funny", and "All I Have", songs that she collaborated with rappers Ja Rule and LL Cool J. Her vocals seemed a bit low at this point, but this was probably due to her being out of breath from dancing rather than technical difficulties.

And then, Casper Smart appeared, both on screen and in person, sitting at a table in the soundboard area. The dancer is JLo's current love interest, a very young, very muscular boy toy that seems to have won Lopez/s heart. She dedicated the song "Baby I Love U" to him, dancing with him in the video. Fans called for his attention, and he waved back and smiled.

"Enough of that lovey-dovey stuff!" she shouted. After banging on a single conga, the Latin dance portion of the night began, with "Let's Get Loud" serving as the anthem. She wore a fire red dress, dancing to salsa and merengue beats in a very Vegas/Cabaret/Moulin Rouge style. It was a spectacle of energetic jumping and ass-shaking glory. "I know we're having a good time, I don't even have to ask anymore!" she snapped.

She did eventually settled down to catch her breath. She told the crowd that being in Texas brought back many great memories, special memories because of one person: Selena Quintanilla.

Lopez continued with praise for Selena, saying: "Texas is very special to me because it was very special for her. She taught me so much about how to handle the spotlight with grace and love. She taught me that a smile says so much more than a thousand words".

Lopez paid tribute by singing the mariachi song "No Me Queda Mas", a heartfelt tear-jerker that Selena famously made into a classic. As a longtime Selena fan, and especially after interviewing Chris Perez earlier this year, I found this portion of the show especially moving and emotional.

I scanned the crowd, and saw people singing along, shivering from goose bumps, and even crying. A stage manager told me that this tribute was only happening here in Houston, so count yourself very lucky if you were there.

Never mind a Selena hologram, I'll settle for a JLo-gram.

Personal Bias: I've been a fan of JLo & her booty since her In Living Color days.

The Crowd: About an 80/20 female to male ratio. Packed house, almost sold out. There were still tickets available at showtime.

Overheard In The Crowd: "Every diva needs a hair fan".

Random Notebook Dump:Houstonians get extremely creative with their fan signs. Oh, and security guards must HATE Enrique Iglesias and his shenanigans.

:jenclap

46K3,676
                                Admin
                                46K3,676

Aug 27, 2012#41

Enrique Iglesias & Jennifer Lopez get wild: Rum shots, stage rushes, sexy hair and a flipping boy toy
                                  By Tyler Rudick
                                  08.27.12 | 09:09 am

Enrique Iglesias and Jennifer Lopez taught me a little something Sunday night at the Toyota Center . . . I've wasted my life going to indie shows.

No one ever carries signs saying things like "Dance with me Beach House" or "I want to have your babies Guided by Voices" at indie shows. No one rushes the stage the second a singer gets close to the audience. There's rarely a smoke machine and certainly never a laser show. Ever think of backup dancers, Sonic Youth?

Anyway, people were so excited to see Enrique, who kicked off the evening, that many fans attached LED lights to their signs so they could be read in the dark. Kind of genius, really.

People were so excited to see Enrique, many fans attached LED lights to their signs so they could be read in the dark. Kind of genius, really.

After showing an ad for Atlantico Rum, a liquor he's promoting, Iglesias started his set with clubby 2010 hit "Tonight (I'm Loving You)," which morphed into its more awkwardly-titled version "Tonight (I'm Fucking You)" by the end of the song.

Blasts of steams and some simple pyrotechnics kept the excitement high as he transitioned to thumping jams like "I Like How It Feels" and "Dirty Dancer."

A mid-tempo song in Spanish led to an impressive rendition of "Bailamos" — which I just learned was originally from Will Smith's bizarre late-1990s film Wild Wild West — before an unsuspecting young man named Robin was called to the stage to help sing the Ben E. King oldie "Stand by Me." Nervous at first, Robin ended up belting out the lyrics like he was the headliner.

Surely, the shots of Atlantico Rum Iglesias poured into his mouth helped.

Robin's guest performance was one of the highlights of the night until Iglesias brought a very pregnant Roula from KBRE's Roula & Ryan morning show onstage for his chart-topping 2001 ballad "Hero." Knowing no limitations when it comes to entertainment, Enrique kissed her on the lips . . . and then on her stomach.

No indie rocker in his or her right mind could've pulled that off.

Jennifer Lopez: Icon

After Iglesias closed his show in a plume of white confetti, the crowd waited patiently as the roadies changed sets and Jennifer Lopez quite literally sprung onto the stage (through a trapdoor) for a classic Hollywood top-hat-and-cane routine with her dancers. While admittedly a little odd at first, the number helped remind us all of JLo's palpable A-list star power.

Whereas the personable Enrique worked the crowd with his casual charm and catchy songs, Lopez was focused on an athletic array of tightly-orchestrated dances that matched the cool intensity of her two opening tracks, "Get Right" and "Love Don't Cost a Thing."

The Lil' Wayne collaboration "I'm into You," complete with some psychedelic graphics of Aztec ruins, was up next as she moved into the early dance single "Waiting for Tonight." As JLo worked her way across the stage, she would stop in front of these concealed air machines that majestically blew back her hair.

Following a sequence of hits with a choreography — and bicycle shorts — harkening back to Lopez's time as a Fly Girl on In Living Color, she took a moment to pay tribute to Tejano legend Selena, who Lopez played in the 1997 independent film about the singer's life.

The biggest surprise came during the encore, when Lopez's twentysomething boyfriend Casper Smart came onstage to dance and pull off a few back flips.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#42

Nice review

26K8,932
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    26K8,932

Aug 27, 2012#43

Houston, you sing!

[BBvideo][/BBvideo]

Master of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#44

There were a lot of guys (she said it was the closest it's been with the male and females when she said make some noise) and most of the people I seen were there for Jen. It was just amazing! I keep replaying it over and over in my head. I just wanted to hear UIBNM though :( But oh well. It was great either way. My date even had a good time so that's a bug plus1

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#45

Here are a few videos I took, so sorry for the shaking, I was just overly excited and tried my best :woot :rockon

Selena Speech:

No Me Queda Mas:

Waiting For Tonight:

Goin' In:

Dance Again:

Aug 27, 2012#46

Some Photos I took:

26K8,932
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            26K8,932

Aug 27, 2012#47

CELEB SPOTTING

Jennifer Lopez gets Tex-Mex takeout in Houston: Rings up a hefty bill from institution

By Whitney Radley

08.27.12 | 04:30 pm

After a night of performing acrobatic dance routines at the Toyota Center, Jennifer Lopez was sure to be famished. And she knew exactly what she wanted to eat: Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen.

A tipster tells CultureMap that JLo's people called in an order to the Houston Tex-Mex mainstay around 8 p.m. on Sunday.

The pop star and her entourage ordered a hefty sampling of the signature enchiladas that Sylvia's, owned by Houstonian Sylvia Casares, is famous for: The classic Refugio, the salsa-verde-and-sour-cream-drenched Mexico City, the low-fat Crystal City and several mixed plates.

On top of that, the crew ordered a couple of mesquite-grilled quails and wood-fired beef fajita steaks, plus a handful of Mexican-style Caesar salads and some fresh avocados.

JLo's crew rang up a $450 bill on the Tex-Mex takeout — and left a nice tip.

No word yet on where Enrique Iglesias dined during his Houston stay. Perhaps the rum was enough to hold him over?

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#48

Lol it makes her sound like a pig :)

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#49

J wrote:CELEB SPOTTING

Jennifer Lopez gets Tex-Mex takeout in Houston: Rings up a hefty bill from institution

By Whitney Radley

08.27.12 | 04:30 pm

After a night of performing acrobatic dance routines at the Toyota Center, Jennifer Lopez was sure to be famished. And she knew exactly what she wanted to eat: Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen.

A tipster tells CultureMap that JLo's people called in an order to the Houston Tex-Mex mainstay around 8 p.m. on Sunday.

The pop star and her entourage ordered a hefty sampling of the signature enchiladas that Sylvia's, owned by Houstonian Sylvia Casares, is famous for: The classic Refugio, the salsa-verde-and-sour-cream-drenched Mexico City, the low-fat Crystal City and several mixed plates.

On top of that, the crew ordered a couple of mesquite-grilled quails and wood-fired beef fajita steaks, plus a handful of Mexican-style Caesar salads and some fresh avocados.

JLo's crew rang up a $450 bill on the Tex-Mex takeout — and left a nice tip.

No word yet on where Enrique Iglesias dined during his Houston stay. Perhaps the rum was enough to hold him over?
                                                  LOL this is one of my favorite spots to eat at! So random she likes it too! haha :clap

46K3,676
                                                  Admin
                                                  46K3,676

Aug 27, 2012#50

Love that pic with the confetti. Very nice!

I have a question about this sentence from a review above:
                                                    Jennifer Lopez quite literally sprung onto the stage (through a trapdoor) for a classic Hollywood top-hat-and-cane routine with her dancers./

Did Jen use the trampoline to jump on the stage like her dancers do? I was confused by that.

I remember there's a song where a couple of dancers fly up onto the stage from the ground, but I don't remember what song it is.

Read more posts (12 remaining)