Intermediate Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#201

jenny4life2love wrote:I saw the tribute to selena and it was wondrful she tribute it but in my honest opinion i believe it was not her strongest vocal performance for that.

She lack alot on that performance im sorry but i did not like it. It was not lie her P.R. performace when she perform "I Could Fall in love" which that was hot i will never forget. She should of either perform that or "Draming Of You:"
    I beg to differ as her performance in Dallas was amazing! Her best vocal work honestly ever. Do not forget that her performance of Dreaming of you in Puerto Rico in 2001 was lipsync.

Contributor

Aug 27, 2012#202

@paltin86 I thought it was live. lol

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#203

Me too ?

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#204

There are A LOT of lypsinc in JLo's career that we don't notice.
          She is a very good actress after all :lol

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#205

I just hope an Ashlee Simpson SNL fiasco never happens to her.

Contributor

Aug 27, 2012#206

Probably not. She is a professional.

12K11,615
              Contributor
              12K11,615

Aug 27, 2012#207

love that she sang a Selena song. I wish once in a while she would sing other artist songs. It wasnt the greatest performance, but it was nice

Master of Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#208

i must say that all these youtube videos do NOT do her any justice. her vocals are amazing live and her performance is above and beyond... i know im late with my Dallas review but its coming.... its long and detailed.

46K3,676
                  Admin
                  46K3,676

Aug 27, 2012#209

Good! That's how I like them! :popcorn

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2012#210

YAY ;) im too tired to review just know that i had a BLAST!!

ps a bird told me that management saw me in my Selena shirt AYE!!

Master of Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#211

Let me start off by saying that prior to the Dallas concert I had not watched any youtube videos so I might be a little repetitive.

The night before the concert I met up with fellow BB member Justsweet. A friend of mine bailed on his floor seat so Justsweet ended up purchasing that ticket from me. It was pretty cool meeting for the first time and having “JLO talk” over drinks at a popular bar here in Dallas. :beer:

The day of the concert I was running super late. I got there when Enrique had already started. By the time I got to my seat Justsweet was already drunk :drink LOL. I was a bit sad and upset because my seats weren’t next to the catwalk as I thought. I was late to the concert because I stopped by to buy Jennifer a rose. I put a note on the stem with a rubber band and I just knew that she would take it since I was supposed to be next to the catwalk. Once I got to my seat I just got depressed! I don’t know if I was being dramatic but I got a bit of an anxiety attack. At this time I noticed Kuk Harell was standing next to me. I asked if there was any way that we could do a meet and greet and he said, “NO” and walked away. A few seconds later he walked by me again and I stopped him. I asked him if he could please deliver the rose to Jennifer :Rose: and he looked at me up and down in disgust and said “NO!”. After this I felt really bad.. he kinda hurt my feelings. I would have been ok with a regular “no” but the face he made and the tone he used was inappropriate. :twitcher I told Justsweet id be right back but I spent most of the time out in the hallway while Enrique was on. Out in the hallway I met and took a pic with PhiPhi Ohara (any RuPaul Drag Race fans here?!). I had a beer to calm me down and that’s when MrXaguilera showed up with our lime green JLOVE!R shirts! :bbrocks This was the perfect time for a group picture but we were missing sarahnovack1033. By this time the Enrique show was over, the halls filled up and we only took individual pics :doh

After intermission we went back to our seats and Justsweet and I ended up moving just a bit closer to the catwalk. This is when the concert started. I must say that everything about her entrance video was perfection! From the diary to Never Gonna Give up to the broadway theme… I wouldn’t change one thing! Justsweet and I started jumping and singing. I must say that Justsweet is one of the loudest screamers I have ever heard!! LOL I bet hes still recovering his voice right now. HAHA! I noticed that three of Enriques band members, including the really cute one that looks like William Levy :drool , were sitting behind us. After the Get Right performance I managed to snap a picture with them. I told the guitarist that he looks like William Levy so I pulled my iphone and put on the Im Into You video to show him..LOL he agreed. …..anyway back to Jennifer! The camera really does make her look thicker. Shes actually very slim and her booty isn’t all that big. She is gorgeous tho. My adrenaline was so high that its all a blurr. I remember anticipating her change into the blue outfit because if she did then that would mean that we were gonna get UIBNM and IYHML but instead she came back in a beautiful sexy red mini dress. Like I said, I haven’t seen the youtube videos so I don’t know if this was a first or not. She then talked to the audience again and I noticed the dancers bringing the red cape/wraparound dress she wears for the ballads and my heart started jumping!! “YES YES!!, were getting the ballads” but then she started talking about Selena, the crowd goes crazy and baaaaam!! She hits us with No Me Queda Mas. At this point my eyes are watery. I turn to Justsweet and I think I spotted a tear in his eye too :jencry . Lol. We sang our little hearts out with her. I remember Papi was one of my highlights. It was soo cool too see that choreography live! I loved the Im Into You remix dance number that she did. It was soooo hot sooo sexy! On the Floor was ofcourse a crowd pleaser but the Dance Again pyro and energy just made it the best number of the night. After it was over Justsweet and I just stood there…..in shock. :shocked We sat down and sang along to Feeling So Good :highonlife , still in shock, as the crowd left the arena.

She exceeded my expectations. Shes one of the best performers out there and the live vocals were perfect! By far one of the best concerts ever and I been to over 20 concerts. There is no comparison to this tour and the Juntos tour….this was by far waaaaaay better! I really hope she gets the Vegas gig, I would be there every weekend! Broke JLOVERS unite! Lol I was too invested in the concert to take pics. I only have one video but the one MrXaguilera posted is better. Ill upload our JLover green shirts later.

Contributor

Aug 28, 2012#212

Great review! Kuk Harrell does seem like a jerk...

26K8,931
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          26K8,931

Aug 28, 2012#213

Fantastic review! :D

Why was Kuk Harrell so rude? :(

Can't wait to see your T-shirt pics! :D

Contributor

Aug 28, 2012#214

When we met Jen, he didn't even acknowledge us...

26K8,931
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              26K8,931

Aug 28, 2012#215

Maybe he hates BBers because some BBers (me :oops:) dissed him here:

http://www.beyondbeautifuljlo.com/forum ... 65&t=40559

lol

Contributor

Aug 28, 2012#216

You bashed his work first. lol

Master of Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#217

J wrote:Fantastic review! :D

Why was Kuk Harrell so rude? :(

Can't wait to see your T-shirt pics! :D
                                    maybe hes pissed that he looks just like Kat Williams :jenlmao

26K8,931
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    26K8,931

Aug 28, 2012#218

omg :ROFL:
                                      ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

Master of Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#219

OK guys here's my review on Jen at the AA on Saturday!

LOL at miggalo! did i yell that loud?

anyways yea we met Kuk Harrell and all MiggaLo did was kindly ask and he was being an asshole!

the concert was AMAZING! my first time seeing the Queen live and in person! She looked flawless and gave a great energetic performance! She did cut out UBINM and HIDDI which was the one i was looking forward too! But nevertheless she gave Dallas the NO ME QUEDA MAS, when she mentioned Selena the crowd went wild! i loved it! everybody was screaming for Jen :jenclap and she gave me chills when she sang beautifully! :love2

i wanted the moment to last forever! Like MiggaLo said when all was done we just stood there speechless. :jenshocked

they didnt let me bring my HD camera in and they took it up at the door :( and then my phone DIED! so i couldnt even take pictures on my phone :(

but regardless the concert will be forever engrained in my memory and i will never forget the experience :bow

my FAVORITE part was the intro! She looked ridiculously BEAUTIFUL in the intro vid and i was in AWE! When she yelled DALLAS before GR the crowd went wild and it was an amazing feeling to be the same room with all that LOVE! for Jen there i couldnt believe it was real that she was performing in front of me after YEARS of waiting and only watching videos on tv and the net. it woulda been the cherry if we actually got to meet her! but still i can die a happy man now :clap :woot

it truly was one of the greatest experience in my life, especially that i look up to her alot and she has inspired me throughout her hard work in the 17+ years shes been in the business.

here is a pic of me waiting for Jen and a pic of the JLOVE!RS shirt MrXAguilera made!

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#220

Great reviewes guys!! :D
                                          Those kind of reviewes make me even more excited about the concert :woot

Jen sang No Me Queda Mas beautifully!! :bow So cool you guys got the chance to hear that song live :clap

46K3,676
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,676

Aug 28, 2012#221

:jenclap Nice review! :D

That sucks that Kuk was an a-hole. :( You can say no without being a jerk.

I'm glad you guys had fun and the shirt looks great! :D

Intro to Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#222

well he was the person who took up my posters.. but he was nice to me he said he seen me dancing and singing along.. but my posters were blocking the camera's so he then took them up and said he would give them to Jen! i doubt that she got them but he was not mean to me..

aaah im still in cloud nine! too bad we didnt get to meet her!

Intro to Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#223

MrXaguilera wrote:well he was the person who took up my posters.. but he was nice to me he said he seen me dancing and singing along.. but my posters were blocking the camera's so he then took them up and said he would give them to Jen! i doubt that she got them but he was not mean to me..

OMG she shared your link!!!!

http://jenniferlopez.com/blog/post/jlo- ... illa-perez

Intro to Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#224

MrXaguilera wrote:well he was the person who took up my posters.. but he was nice to me he said he seen me dancing and singing along.. but my posters were blocking the camera's so he then took them up and said he would give them to Jen! i doubt that she got them but he was not mean to me..

yeah i know i DIED this morning.. i had to share it on facebook and twitter and well that could possibly mean she read what i wrote! :D

:love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2

Master of Jenology

Aug 28, 2012#225

All your hard work paid off :->

Read more posts (7 remaining)