23K5,924
Doctor of Jenology
23K5,924

Oct 21, 2016#26

Updated with a Spotify link.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 21, 2016#27

I FINALLY LISTENED TO IT

Well , let's get into my review on this ! I'm a HUGE music geek , so when I heard about gagas comeback to the music scene ...... I felt mixed about it , only because Gaga just won a golden globe and her acting career was slowly taking off ! If you really think about it , no one was really WANTING a new lady Gaga album . She should of pulled a JT and went ghost from the music scene until the hunger for her music went to a level of " starving " lol , BUT let's get into this album because it is here lol !

JOANNE 6.5/10

This album is her 2nd best ! You can tell Gaga was heavily inspired by that old school 80s type vibe, because this album can truly take you back in time , but there are some cons in the mix that I will discuss later on in this post , but let's start with the pros ! I applaud Gaga for changing her sound , because at this pont in her career , that can be total suicide to her and her following , but Gaga certainly managed to pull through and repaid her fans a well descent album ! If you're a Gaga superhead , then you will like this album no matter what ! I'm not a huge fan , but I did enjoy listening . Now , the cons ! Gaga is so artsy and I live for that , but still to this day she hasn't created something that can match up with the fame / the fame monster ! This album has no story at all ! A lot of these so called " artist " are having trouble really understanding how to put a album out without the listener getting lost with its concept ! What is she accomplishing , or trying to achieve ? Songs are good , but is this a compilation album with just good tracks , because I'm sorry to break it to you , but you are wrong . This album is 80 x times better than what she put out from the last era ! Joanne actually has a heart instead of artpop & born this way ! She's heading in the right direction , but needs to deliver tracks that can relate to the actual title !!!!! If she would of changed the album title to match the feel of the album then maybe my rating would change, but as of now lady Gaga fans can celebrate because there fav made it to the finishing line with a couple of bruises , but with a warm heart & dedication to make up for it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14K6,385
      Contributor
      14K6,385

Oct 24, 2016#28

I quite liked her performances on SNL !

Oct 26, 2016#29

James was impressed he rarely let them sing that much by themselves.

20K7,952
          Doctor of Jenology
          20K7,952

Oct 26, 2016#30

She can sing, but it was boring as hell.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 27, 2016#31

I change my mind,I listen many times these days,it's not like her past album maybe a little boring,but most of songs are good like Perfect Illusion,Come to Mama,Sinner's Prayer,Dancin' in Circles,Diamond Heart,A-Yo and John Wayne.

14K6,385
              Contributor
              14K6,385

Oct 27, 2016#32

I really liked the album after the first listen, but it's the type of music I listen to the most and her voice is amazing on it.

14K2,704
                Doctor of Jenology
                14K2,704

Oct 27, 2016#33

My favorites are:

-Joanne
                  -Angel Down
                  -Million Reasons
                  -Perfect Illusion

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 27, 2016#34

As a fan of her music and not her herself, I found the album is bit subpar. I appreciate what it is she did with Joanne, but it is not the quality kind of music I would expect from Lady Gaga. "Perfect Illusion" and "Million Reasons" are the only two songs I can listen to, though.

14K6,385
                    Contributor
                    14K6,385

Oct 29, 2016#35

1st week she's #1 and sold 200k album pretty good despite the singles not doing too well.

23K5,924
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      23K5,924

Oct 31, 2016#36

201K first week, #1 on the Top 200, up to 68 on Meta. Not bad! :)

Intro to Jenology

Oct 31, 2016#37

nixy1991 wrote:201K first week, #1 on the Top 200, up to 68 on Meta. Not bad! :)
                          Its bad when u take into consideration the excessive promo and the fact her album was discounted on Amazon

Master of Jenology

Nov 02, 2016#38

St Lucia wrote:
                            nixy1991 wrote:201K first week, #1 on the Top 200, up to 68 on Meta. Not bad! :)
                            Its bad when u take into consideration the excessive promo and the fact her album was discounted on Amazon
                            +1

14K6,385
                            Contributor
                            14K6,385

Nov 02, 2016#39

What's excessive promo? She did some good promo that's all and that never garenty good numbers.

23K5,924
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              23K5,924

Nov 02, 2016#40

A.K.A. had excessive promo, compared to that, this barely had any. lol Plus, that Amazon deal lasted only two days from what I understand, so it couldn't have really helped that much. Carpool really pushed the sales, though, it was smart to sing Million Reasons, it's the only song with any single potential on the album.

Master of Jenology

Nov 03, 2016#41

CARPOOL
                                  SNL
                                  Amazon Deal
                                  Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
                                  AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
                                  SUPERBOWL
                                  BILLBOARD. EVERYDAY WE CAN FOUND A NEW ARTICLE LIKE:
                                  -"Gaga is the first woman with four No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200 in the 2010s. She passes Beyonce and Taylor Swift, each with three during the decade. Among all acts, Justin Bieber and Drake lead with six Billboard 200 No. 1’s each since 2010, while One Direction and Kanye West each boast four."
                                  -Lady Gaga's 'A-YO' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard + Twitter Top Tracks
                                  -Lady Gaga Hits No. 1 on Artist 100 Chart for First Time
                                  -LADY GAGA SAVE THE WORLD
                                  -LADY GAGA IS GOD
                                  -LADY GAGA LADY GAGA LADY GAGA. BILLBOARD IS KISSING HER A$$ THE ARE EVEN WORSE THAN MTV WITH BEYONCÉ.

14K6,385
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,385

Nov 03, 2016#42

You're talking about stuff she hasn't done yet.

Read more posts (-8 remaining)