12K588
Doctor of Jenology
12K588

Aug 22, 2016#26

ChristianM wrote:
    panos86 wrote:Personally i would KILL for Jen to record a song like Slumber Party! I love this kind of songs! That's why i worship Ariana's Side to Side too! :D
    It's very Drakish, a la Hotline Bling kinda feeling. I'd like to hear Jen on something like this, especially Love Me Down.

This album is getting better and better each time I listen to it, she really nailed it this time.
    Agree. Also i see you so enthusiastic over this album that you make me wanna give it a few more spins and see if i missed a grower gem or two in there! :D

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 22, 2016#27

panos86 wrote:
      ChristianM wrote:
      panos86 wrote:Personally i would KILL for Jen to record a song like Slumber Party! I love this kind of songs! That's why i worship Ariana's Side to Side too! :D
      It's very Drakish, a la Hotline Bling kinda feeling. I'd like to hear Jen on something like this, especially Love Me Down.

This album is getting better and better each time I listen to it, she really nailed it this time.
      Agree. Also i see you so enthusiastic over this album that you make me wanna give it a few more spins and see if i missed a grower gem or two in there! :D
      Good headphones are your best friends!

I am enthusiastic, cuz I love me some Brit, and I can finally hear some personality in her voice, after all these years.

Aug 22, 2016#28

Also Better being a slower version of Jen's That's The Way with modern twist. Who else stan for this jam?

22K4,158
        Doctor of Jenology
        22K4,158

Aug 22, 2016#29

daisylo wrote:
          nixy1991 wrote:
          daisylo wrote:Is Liar a bonus track ? this should be a single, Just Luv me is amazing could make a good single too
          She put two of the best songs on the deluxe version. Liar & If I'm Dancing. It's so annoying.

Just Luv Me is too repetitive, Love Me Down would be a perfect single. :bow
          that doesn't bother me for just Luv me and so many song on the radio are repetitive they seem to like that. Too bad for Liar this would have been the perfect single.
          Bonus tracks can be singles as well, for example Britney's Radar and Nicki Minaj's Super Bass

23K5,924
          Doctor of Jenology
          23K5,924

Aug 22, 2016#30

ChristianM wrote:Also Better being a slower version of Jen's That's The Way with modern twist. Who else stan for this jam?

I love this Lean On knock off.

12K588
            Doctor of Jenology
            12K588

Aug 22, 2016#31

ChristianM wrote:
              panos86 wrote:
              ChristianM wrote:

Good headphones are your best friends!

I am enthusiastic, cuz I love me some Brit, and I can finally hear some personality in her voice, after all these years.
              Cool! ;) I was excited for Brit too and i really hope this does well but i just wasn't expecting this tbh. It caught me off guard soundwise i think...

14K6,389
              Contributor
              14K6,389

Aug 23, 2016#32

CosTaSsSs wrote:
                Bonus tracks can be singles as well, for example Britney's Radar and Nicki Minaj's Super Bass
                yeah but Radar was released so long after the album wasn't it for a reedition too ?

22K4,158
                Doctor of Jenology
                22K4,158

Aug 23, 2016#33

daisylo wrote:
                  CosTaSsSs wrote:
                  yeah but Radar was released so long after the album wasn't it for a reedition too ?
                  Still there are many artists who release bonus tracks as singles, Taylor with New Romantics as well.

12K11,632
                  Contributor
                  12K11,632

Aug 23, 2016#34

I'm intrigued by this so ill have to DL it and give it a listen. Haven't really loved any of the songs she's released yet.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 23, 2016#35

Crazy4JenL wrote:I'm intrigued by this so ill have to DL it and give it a listen. Haven't really loved any of the songs she's released yet.
                      You should. If you're boring listen the full album (I did), you can listen some tracks that some JLovers mention here.

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 25, 2016#36

:cool: :love2 :cool: :love2

22K4,158
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        22K4,158

Aug 26, 2016#37

This album is far better than Lemonade... I can't even understand why Lemonade was praised at first place. The album is a boredom and "trying-hard-being-creative".

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#38

Let's don't talk about Lemonade here, for someone here is a masterpiece,& an album doesn't have to be catchy to be good, and Bey proved this many times.

Back to the thread, Glory is miles better than her latest album, but is just not my thing.

22K4,158
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            22K4,158

Aug 26, 2016#39

chrisjlover wrote:Let's don't talk about Lemonade here, for someone here is a masterpiece,& an album doesn't have to be catchy to be good, and Bey proved this many times.

Back to the thread, Glory is miles better than her latest album, but is just not my thing.
                              No honey... Lemonade is overrated! That's the thing...

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#40

CosTaSsSs wrote:
                                chrisjlover wrote:Let's don't talk about Lemonade here, for someone here is a masterpiece,& an album doesn't have to be catchy to be good, and Bey proved this many times.

No it's not, maybe you don't like it, I respect that, but it's not overrated. Especially the visuals. Maybe a song or two could be better, but that's it.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#41

I took a listen and I like it!
                                  Bring it on Brit :woot I hope it will be a successful era for her.

12K588
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  12K588

Aug 26, 2016#42

chrisjlover wrote:
                                    CosTaSsSs wrote:

No it's not, maybe you don't like it, I respect that, but it's not overrated. Especially the visuals. Maybe a song or two could be better, but that's it.
                                    I usually agree with you but the complete lack of hits from it kinda prove what Costas says... the visuals were amazing but the music was an overrated mess. As for Brit i am more than happy for her but i really hope she can get a decent hit or two from it.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#43

RollingStone gave it 3.5/5 but I think 3 is enough.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#44

panos86 wrote:
                                        chrisjlover wrote:
                                        CosTaSsSs wrote:

I usually agree with you but the complete lack of hits from it kinda prove what Costas says... the visuals were amazing but the music was an overrated mess. As for Brit i am more than happy for her but i really hope she can get a decent hit or two from it.
                                        I usually agree with you & Costas too, we have a different taste in music I guess (except Jen).

12K588
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        12K588

Aug 26, 2016#45

chrisjlover wrote:
                                          panos86 wrote:
                                          chrisjlover wrote:
                                          CosTaSsSs wrote: No honey... Lemonade is overrated! That's the thing...
                                          I usually agree with you & Costas too, we have a different taste in music I guess (except Jen).
                                          Yeah and that's ok i just think this isn't about taste but about facts.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#46

panos86 wrote:
                                            chrisjlover wrote:
                                            panos86 wrote:
                                            chrisjlover wrote: No it's not, maybe you don't like it, I respect that, but it's not overrated. Especially the visuals. Maybe a song or two could be better, but that's it.
                                            Yeah and that's ok i just think this isn't about taste but about facts.
                                            It's definitely about the taste..a lot of people loved this album (including critics) & a lot of people hated that album too.
                                            And let's leave it here, and comment on Glory.

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#47

Intro to Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#48

This album is giving me everything.

After Jen, Brit is definitely one of my favs growing up.

She definitely made up for that HORRID mess Britney Jean (I pretend that album never happened) :D

12K1,502
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                12K1,502

Aug 26, 2016#49

I really like it it's a solid album she definitely delivered I really hope it smashes

Contributor

Aug 26, 2016#50

panos86 wrote:
                                                    chrisjlover wrote:
                                                    CosTaSsSs wrote:

No hits doesn't constitute a bad album.

I think you guys are so used to mainstream music that you guys prefer catchy, cheesy tunes like AYM, and worried about "hits". That's not what Lemonade was about, at all. And that's why Jen stays behind.

Then again you guys don't even like Beyonce to begin with so your opinions are rather negligible. Fact is, the album was met with praise from music critics, the GP, and her peers.

And I don't even have the album. But I am not that ignorant. To each their own.

Anyway, Britney's new album isn't too bad. She has a couple cute bops.

Read more posts (42 remaining)