Master of Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#26

Mille Backer wrote:I didn't like the look!

Are you insane!! omg she looks amazing!!! :love2 head to toe!

Master of Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#27

You can see the weight loss with all that dancing in Vegas. It makes her look older. She should gain the weight back shooting Shades of Blue.

Contributor

Jun 10, 2016#28

I really hope she gets a nomination but I'd she doesn't I hope it doesn't discourage her too much

Master of Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#29

Lucy19 wrote:You can see the weight loss with all that dancing in Vegas. It makes her look older. She should gain the weight back shooting Shades of Blue.

Jen is in her late 40s...realize that there are days where she just Looks older...

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#30

Lucy19 wrote:You can see the weight loss with all that dancing in Vegas. It makes her look older. She should gain the weight back shooting Shades of Blue.

That's not true. The healthy nutrition and exercise (Vegas) makes her look younger. The only reason why she looks older now is because she's growing up, and that's normal.

Contributor

Jun 10, 2016#31

Just last week in Vegas at that party she looked 25. I think this is more the lighting and makeup working against her.

46K3,684
              Admin
              46K3,684

Jun 10, 2016#32

panos86 wrote:"Forget about the politics and all that stuff..." ?!?!?! Wtf Jen? I absolutely HATE Trump but voting Hilary just because she is a woman is ridiculous and irresponsible. smdh Sorry Jen.
                I think you misunderstood. She was talking about how having a female presidential nominee is an amazing step forward for women, no matter what you believe politically. :)

She looks lovely. Thank you for the pics & videos! :D

14K6,392
                Contributor
                14K6,392

Jun 10, 2016#33

sucks where not getting a video of this would have liked to watch it.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#34

I hope she lose weight even more. I want her with the body of the vegan diet!

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Jun 10, 2016#35

daisylo wrote:sucks where not getting a video of this would have liked to watch it.
                      The whole 30 minutes are on FB though. Just open the link.

facebook.com/NBCShadesofBlue/videos/519772388220334/

14K6,392
                      Contributor
                      14K6,392

Jun 10, 2016#36

nixy1991 wrote:
                        daisylo wrote:sucks where not getting a video of this would have liked to watch it.
                        The whole 30 minutes are on FB though. Just open the link.

facebook.com/NBCShadesofBlue/videos/519772388220334/
                        ah thanks !

Intro to Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#37

chrisjlover wrote:

That's not true. The healthy nutrition and exercise (Vegas) makes her look younger. The only reason why she looks older now is because she's growing up, and that's normal.
                          BB stans are so obsessed with Jlo looking young
                          It's embarrassing

Contributor

Jun 10, 2016#38

Too skinny imho, but she chose Vegas and she's getting paid.. so... idc. Lol!

Anyway, I wish she gets a nom, but it's highly unlikely though. Even worse if most of the people in that room don't use "Ain't Your Mama".

We are always doomed. :paperbag

Contributor

Jun 10, 2016#39

Jen will probably not be nominated for an Emmy anytime soon, she's viewed as someone who gives only half of what she's able to provide. Even though Jen has done a phenomenal acting job on Shades, and I bet she will do some more great roles, the Academies will not recognize her.

Same with music, although I could see Jen winning something random at the Grammys in the future. :lmao

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#40

She looks so good
                                I don't think she will be nominated, but I would because the show was really great.

14K6,392
                                Contributor
                                14K6,392

Jun 10, 2016#41

JLOFANCHRIS wrote:Jen will probably not be nominated for an Emmy anytime soon, she's viewed as someone who gives only half of what she's able to provide. Even though Jen has done a phenomenal acting job on Shades, and I bet she will do some more great roles, the Academies will not recognize her.

Same with music, although I could see Jen winning something random at the Grammys in the future. :lmao
                                  I don't think that completely the reason, when an actress/actor is nominated it's always from a really well reviewed show and Shades of blue isn't one of them, it's the same thing with her movies.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#42

St Lucia wrote:
                                    chrisjlover wrote:

BB stans are so obsessed with Jlo looking young
                                    It's embarrassing
                                    People have to understand that she is a normal human being who get old like everybody else

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

12K588
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    12K588

Jun 10, 2016#43

JenRox wrote:
                                      panos86 wrote:"Forget about the politics and all that stuff..." ?!?!?! Wtf Jen? I absolutely HATE Trump but voting Hilary just because she is a woman is ridiculous and irresponsible. smdh Sorry Jen.
                                      I think you misunderstood. She was talking about how having a female presidential nominee is an amazing step forward for women, no matter what you believe politically. :)

Yeah i think you're right, watching it again it could've been just about the nomination. ;)

Intro to Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#44

JenRox wrote:

in other parts of the world lot of females are leaders of their countries :smile: it'd not that big of a deal just because it's america... :o
                                        but I don't care and I think she looked fresh with those colors :D

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 10, 2016#45

Master of Jenology

Jun 11, 2016#46

Mille Backer wrote:
                                            Sorry but she Looks horrible. The Hair is a Mess and make Up terrible. Her face Looks tired and somehow swollen/round...

14K6,392
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,392

Jun 11, 2016#47

Emmys FYC: Jennifer Lopez’s ‘Shades Of Blue’
                                              NBC’s ‘Shades of Blue’ and Jennifer Lopez held a 2016 Emmy FYC event in Hollywood where Lopez and co-star Ray Liotta discussed the intensity of the series.

Last night, the new Saban Theatre in North Hollywood opened its doors to Emmy. NBC Universal hosted an FYC event for Shades Of Blue featuring cast and crew.

Ray Liotta, Jennifer Lopez, Drea de Mateo, Dayo Okeniyi, Sarah Jeffery and Jack Orman attended the packed event. The straight to series show premiered on NBC earlier this year stars Lopez as Harlee Santos, an NYPD detective, and single mother who is in with dirty cops and uses protection money to provide the best for her daughter.

The audience filled with Emmy judges, SAG/Aftra and press were treated to the season finale where Santos’ past came back to haunt her, and the shady dealings caught up with some of “her crew.”

Shades of Blue is contending for Best Actress in a Drama and Best Drama Series. For those who have yet to catch up on the season finale, let’s just say there was plenty of drama and an unexpected twist that led to the audience gasping and applauding the final moment.

When asked about how they managed to be so convincing, Oyeniki joked that he watched cop videos on YouTube. Liotta who plays Lieutenant Matt Wozniak, the corrupt leader of the 64th Precinct said he would go on ridealongs with real cops as part of his research. Lopez added, “You have to watch real cops, not TV cops.”

The physical and emotion intensity of the show were so exhausting that Lopez said, after a day on set, she would go home and “Wash off Harlee because she’s so not me.”

Part of what made Shades of Blue unique for Orman and the cast was that as it went straight to series. There were no note, no audience feedback, and no pilot. Orman said, “It was a laboratory experiement as the only people involved in feedback were the people involved in the show.” He added the nework told him to go for it. Director Barry Levinson directed the first two epsiodes of the show, cross-boarding the episodes.

“He set a tone for us right off the bat,” Lopez said on the experience of working with Levinson. “He saw that I was trying to seek the truth in everything. He was with me in that, and that put me at ease.”

Reflecting on the season highlights, Liotta said he learned and understood his character’s motives. His daughter had committed suicide just as Santos came into his life and that love was transferred to her and her daughter, Christina. The confessional scene was that pivotal moment for him.

Given the intensity and drama of the show, Orman said there was one scene early on in the season that the network didn’t allow to pass. The controversial scene occurred when Wozniak was in an alley pointing a gun at a dog. However, they were lenient with other scenes. Liotta joked about a scene being passed that allowed him to grab a character by the balls.

The Q&A was passed over to the audience who mainly praised Lopez on being an inspiration and juggling many hats from Executive Producer and acting on the show while conceiving her Vegas show and being a judge on American Idol.

Shades Of Blue starts filming its second season this month. Season one can be streamed in full on NBC.COM.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/tv/emmys-fyc-shades-of-blue/

23K5,924
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              23K5,924

Jun 11, 2016#48

That's exactly what I did watching it. :lmao It must've been fun seeing it with a crowd.

Master of Jenology

Jun 11, 2016#49

daisylo wrote:Emmys FYC: Jennifer Lopez’s ‘Shades Of Blue’

Shades of Blue is contending for Best Actress in a Drama and Best Drama Series. For those who have yet to catch up on the season finale, let’s just say there was plenty of drama and an unexpected twist that led to the audience gasping and applauding the final moment.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/tv/emmys-fyc-shades-of-blue/
                                                  So, they are not trying to get Ray a nom? :x r.

14K6,392
                                                  Contributor
                                                  14K6,392

Jun 11, 2016#50

^ yeah would have liked to see it on a big screen.

It's odd for Ray I would think that he has more chances to get a nom than the show itself for example.

Read more posts (11 remaining)