14K678
Admin
14K678

Mar 04, 2012#76

Awesome review, hopefully it'll get more great reviews.

Did anyone find a download yet?

DISH/Verizon subscribers can watch the episode here:
    http://www.fox.com/qviva-the-chosen/ful ... /11372432/

Master of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#77

so mainly positive reaction. I still have to watch 1st episode.

13K3,068
      Doctor of Jenology
      13K3,068

Mar 04, 2012#78

Great news that it's getting positive reviews...it truly is a very entertaining show :D

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#79

i m so happy for the great review!!!i hope more will come!

26K8,905
          Doctor of Jenology
          26K8,905

Mar 04, 2012#80

Variety

With 'Q'Viva!,' Fox Gives J-Lo a Public Ego Stroke

By: Brian Lowry

Published: Sun, March 04, 2012, 9:06 AM

Fox didn't send "Q'Viva! The Chosen" out for review, and there's a reason: In the bigger scheme of things, it's only secondarily a TV show -- and a derivative one at that, "Latin America's Got Talent."

The program's larger purpose, clearly, is to provide an extra incentive, an ego stroke, to satisfy its co-host superstar, "American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez.

Lopez produces the talent showcase with her ex-husband, Marc Anthony. And she told the Los Angeles Times that she thought the show would do perfectly fine, despite its rather grim Saturday timeslot, in a piece that oddly failed to quote -- or explain why it didn't quote -- a single Fox executive about that scheduling decision.

But who are we kidding? Fox wanted to make Lopez happy by ordering the show. And the network obviously didn't think it would be a ratings barn-burner, so it then sought to mitigate the risk by running it on a night every other network has turned into "Encore Presentation" theater.

Not surprisingly, the ratings were at best tepid: Averaging 2.2 mllion viewers, according to preliminary Nielsen figures, edging only NBC's burnoff of "The Firm" among the broadcast networks.

As for the actual series, I watched Saturday's premiere (thank goodness for TiVo), and seeing Spanish subtitles on the usual reality-TV sob stories didn't qualify as a major creative breakthrough. The one moment that stood out had to do with the couple's relationship, with Anthony leering at some buxom Puerto Rican twins and acting like Lopez was going to be jealous. If it was meant to be cute, it mostly came off as a little weird and creepy.

So like a salsa dancer who isn't particularly thrilled with his or her partner, this is one of those instances where everybody is just going through the motions.

What I don't entirely understand is why people seem skittish about stating the obvious: Dress it up all you want in sequins and glitter, and "Q'Viva" is a vanity project, pure and simple -- "Sabado Ego Trip." Just once I'd like to hear someone at Fox say, "Look, J-Lo is very important to us, and this is a passion project for her. Frankly, if she wanted to film her trips to the supermarket or yoga sessions, we'd probably commit to six on the air."

Whatever language you choose to use, in Hollywood, that's life.

:(

"Weird and creepy?" LOL poor Marc. :coffee

Mar 04, 2012#81

TV Ratings Saturday: 'Q'Viva: The Chosen' Underperforms, ABC Wins Easy with '20/20'

Written By Amanda Kondolojy

March 4th, 2012

Fox's premiere of new talent competition Q'Viva: The Chosen didn't do as well as expected, and easily delivered the night to ABC, who built on a strong repeat showing of Wipeout, and followed up with a two-hour 20/20 special: 'My Extreme Affliction'

Broadcast primetime ratings for Saturday, March 3, 2012:
              Time Net Show 18-49 Rating 18-49 Share Viewers Live+SD (million)

8:00PM ABC Wipeout 1.0 3 3.35
              FOX Q'Viva: The Chosen (8-10) 0.8 2 2.21

CBS CSI: NY 0.7 2 4.67
              NBC Smash 0.4 1 1.78

9:00PM ABC 20/20 (9-11) 1.3 4 4.89
              CBS CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 0.9 3 5.28
              NBC The Firm 0.4 1 2.21

10:00 PM CBS 48 Hours Mystery 1.1 3 5.51
              NBC Law & Order: SVU 0.7 2 3.81

:jendamn

20K2,682
              Admin
              20K2,682

Mar 04, 2012#82

Underperforms? Isn't that what the Spanish one was getting? lol I think it did great for it's timeslot and the fact that it's a Latin-themed show. The US tends to ignore these types of shows. Look at how quickly Ugly Betty went down (or maybe it was the quality of the show...lol)

And yay @ EW liking it.
                :rolleyes @ Variety not liking it. They always hate everything Jen does...EVERYTHING.

46K3,605
                Admin
                46K3,605

Mar 04, 2012#83

I wonder what figures were expected? Millions of Latinos already saw it on Univision, which dilutes the target audience. Plus, it's not like they promoted the English version. Fox only started running commercials this week. Even in a segment they did on GMA on Friday, they said it aired on Univision, not Fox.

26K8,905
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  26K8,905

Mar 04, 2012#84

timmyd2121 wrote::rolleyes @ Variety not liking it. They always hate everything Jen does...EVERYTHING.
                    Variety liked Gigli. lol ("Lopez has not been this good since "Out of Sight"")

20K2,682
                    Admin
                    20K2,682

Mar 04, 2012#85

It sounds sarcastic...lol

46K3,605
                      Admin
                      46K3,605

Mar 04, 2012#86

EW always hates on Jen, so I consider them liking it a small victory, haha.

20K2,682
                        Admin
                        20K2,682

Mar 04, 2012#87

I think EW is fair with Jen in their reviews (sometimes). lol But yay @ them liking Jen's show! lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 04, 2012#88

I'm one the fans that didn't like the idea of this show 'Que viva' (and I still don't like it!) but after watching it I have to say that there're some positive things about it, but as usual the combination of Jennifer and Marc together is not very atractive to american (non latin) viewers (remember the movie "El Cantante'? it didn't do very well)

I'm glad this is their last project together!

I really hope the show do well with the ratings because we don't want to add another flop on Jenn's list.

But, unfortunatelly the ratings sucked yesterday for the premiere on Fox, hopefully the word of mouth will give the show some traction and the numbers will improve for next Saturday!

46K3,605
                            Admin
                            46K3,605

Mar 05, 2012#89

Jen was on Fox for 8 hours this past week. Crazy!

20K2,682
                              Admin
                              20K2,682

Mar 05, 2012#90

^ :rockon

Master of Jenology

Mar 05, 2012#91

26K8,905
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  26K8,905

Mar 05, 2012#92

Press release

Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony and Jamie King's '¡Q’Viva! The Chosen' Is a Hit Across the Americas

March 5th, 2012

via press release:

JENNIFER LOPEZ, MARC ANTHONY, AND JAMIE KING’S

¡Q’VIVA! THE CHOSEN IS A HIT ACROSS THE AMERICAS!

30 MILLION PLUS WATCH THEIR DOCUJOURNEY

ACROSS LATIN AMERICA

LOS ANGELES – March 3, 2012 – As ¡Q’Viva! The Chosen debuts in English on the Fox network in North America for the first time this weekend, new figures reveal that over 30 million TV viewers are now watching the show across the Americas.

¡Q’Viva! The Chosen is made in three languages, it is shown in twenty one countries, and it has now become one of the biggest new international TV shows of 2012. Spanish-speaking fans were the first to fall in love with the show as ¡Q’Viva! The Chosen became #1 on #2 in its timeslot across all networks in Puerto Rico, Peru, Uruguay, the Dominican Republic, Colombia and Brazil, while delivering audience share of 35% in Uruguay, 33% in Columbia and 22% in Ecuador. In Puerto Rico, ¡Q’Viva! The Chosen increased Saturday night viewership by a spectacular 60%, and in Uruguay by 50% when it opened last month, and additional solid debuts in Venezuela,Chile, Mexico, El Salvador and other countries have added further viewers in the last two weeks and it will continue to grow as other territories sign up to screen the show.

In North America, ¡Q’Viva! The Chosen is seen by over 4.4 million viewers each week. It opened in Spanish on Univision on January 28 2012 and was seen by 2.2 million viewers, making it the night’s second most-watched program on Spanish-language television in the United States. And on March 3rd the English language version of the show opened on Fox drawing another 2.2 million viewers, a notable achievement for a new format opening on a Saturday night. After adding this North American audience to the show’s huge weekly Spanish audience, ¡Q’Viva! The Chosen now reaches over 30 million viewers each week.

Simon Fuller, comments: “Q'Viva! is one of the first network shows ever to broadcast simultaneously throughout the Americas in three languages. With over 30 million viewers in total already and more than 4 million people watching in the US in both English and Spanish language, this has been an extraordinary experiment. The Q'Viva! story will continue to grow throughout 2012 as more and more countries sign up to broadcast the show”.

"We are thrilled with the overwhelming response from audiences across the entire American continent to this extraordinary celebration of Latin culture,” said Endemol Studios CEO Philippe Maigret. “This is an incredible start for the show, and we are very excited to roll it out globally."

Created by Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, and Jamie King, in collaboration with BlackBerry®, ¡Q’VIVA! THE CHOSEN is a groundbreaking series celebrating Latin culture, music and performance arts. ¡Q’VIVA! THE CHOSEN, also sponsored by American Airlines and Kohl’s, documents the dynamic trio’s journey throughout the Americas in search of the best in Latin culture and discovering artists that will stun the world with their color and originality.

During the course of the series, Jennifer, Marc and Jamie travel throughout the region and witness the most amazing singers, dancers, musicians, and mesmerizing performers that they have found through local grassroots efforts, YouTube (youtube.com/qviva), and Facebook (facebook.com/qvivathechosen).

"The Chosen" artists will make a dream journey to the U.S. for a once in a lifetime opportunity to share their artistic gifts with the world as part of a spectacular live show that will be the greatest celebration of Latin music and performance arts that the world has ever seen.

For more information on ¡Q’VIVA! THE CHOSEN, please visit www.qvivathechosen.com and www.blackberry.com/qviva. For broadcast footage and high-resolution photography, please visit https://www.epk.tv/view/#/campaign/q-viva/.

Exclusive content is available on the ¡Q’VIVA! THE CHOSEN social media pages:

Youtube.com/qviva

Youtube.com/qvivathechosen

Facebook.com/qvivathechosen

Twitter.com/qviva

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 05, 2012#93

Great news!

I'm glad the show is succesful across the whole Continent! :clap :clap

Intermediate Jenology

Mar 05, 2012#94

wow, 30 million viewers! HIT!

46K3,605
                                        Admin
                                        46K3,605

Mar 05, 2012#95

That's a nice spin, haha.

I hope in the coming weeks ratings improve. People on Twitter seemed to like it.

Master of Jenology

Mar 06, 2012#96

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 06, 2012#97

First it underperforms and now it's a hit? The media better get their act together!! Good that it's a hit!!

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 06, 2012#98

THANK U Shanti for the links :woot

I was waiting for this. FINALLYYYYYY :yippee

Master of Jenology

Mar 06, 2012#99

you're welcome, guys :)

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 06, 2012#100

I'm loving Q'viva :D thanks for posting the download link! I finally got a chance to see it! The interaction moments between Jennifer and Marc are funny haha

Read more posts (123 remaining)